Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Open GL problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is a common problem, but I did the following things.

1) I updated ALL graphic drivers.
2) Updated Direct x
3)Toggled my emulator settings
4)Uninstalled and Reinstalled my drivers

I am using a HP Mini Net book. Now dont get me wrong, but this piece of wonder delievered me the ultimate portable gaming experience. I played many 3D games on it with no problem such as the GTA 3 and SA, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Heroes, Need for Speed Most Wanted. I even played Dreamcast, Sega Saturn and Nintendo 64.

All except for this Gamecube/Wii emulator.
Now I would literally make this my god computer if I were able to run gamecube/wii on my netbook.

When I start it up, I get this message.
"opengl can't be started, you maybe missing required extensions"
Or something similar.

Here's the log.
Quote:
32:06:380 .\Src\Boot\Boot.cpp:166 N[BOOT]: Booting C:\Users\Kensley\Desktop\Games\ISO/Super Smash Bros Melee.iso
32:06:542 .\Src\FileMonitor.cpp:135 N[FileMon]: Opening 'C:\Users\Kensley\Desktop\Games\ISO/Super Smash Bros Melee.iso'
32:06:604 .\Src\Hle\HLE_OS.cpp:52 N[OSREPORT]: 81200308->81300000| Apploader Initialized. $Revision: 28 $.
32:06:605 .\Src\Hle\HLE_OS.cpp:52 N[OSREPORT]: 81200324->81300000| This Apploader built Nov 30 2001 13:36:06
32:06:866 .\Src\Render.cpp:258 E[Video]: *********
GPU: ERROR: Need GL_EXT_framebufer_object for multiple render targets
GPU: *********Does your video card support OpenGL 2.x?
32:06:866 .\Src\MsgHandler.cpp:53 E[*]: Warning: Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info

So checking it, i see my video card has some issues with OpenGL.
Ok so heres some more info about my net book.
[Image: dzfae8.png]

I downloaded OpenGL and it really didnt do anything but took me to a menu to show my drivers and basically update.

I dont know much about openGL or what to do when I downloaded, so if someone could explain that would be great.

My net book is brand new and is the latest at my store.
This even comes with a Atom Processor and Windows 7.
The latest s*** on this netbook and no matter what I cant get this to start.

If someone could help me I would bow down and praise you.

If the horrid truth is my video card, I am afraid this is done for. I cant update no video card on my netbook.

But I know this is possible.
I saw a kid on youtube play brawl on his netbook with the dolphin emulator running a bit slow but it was playable.
His system had similar but mine was actually more updated and he was running on XP.
Try to search the forums next time. I answered this question twice just yesterday. There are other threads about this still on the first page. :/

You probably won't be able to use the OpenGL graphics plugin with your Intel video card.
Use the Direct3D graphics plugin instead, it's faster anyways. (also make sure you use the "EFB copy to texture" option)
Yeah I just checked and i gratefully thank you as that made it work!!!
OMFG, brawl is so awesome yet slow...but still it's awesome!!!
(beats paying 200 bucks for a wii)
yeah thats because of your processor.