Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Concerned about my gamepad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!

First of all, I want to congratulate all the Dolphin team for this marvelous work.

Well, today I downloaded Dolphin 2.0, and I went to config the control, and it all seemed fine, except for the right analogic stick. It recognizes the vertical axis, but not the horizontal! My gamepad is a Twin Shock (Yeah, that one from GameStop).

How can I make the emulator recognize the horizontal axis? Thanks in advance.
I have the same controller as you and while I was setting it up, it does the same.
Apparently you cant and will have to use the direction gamepad.
Sounds stupid and simple, but thats how I had to do mine.
Other buttons like the C and directional gamecube buttons, I had to use my keyboard, because not all buttons will fit on that cheap gamepad.

Basically the dual analogs mirror the gamepad buttons.
Which sucks.
Which plugin, GCPadNew? There were some fixes for gamepad analogs after Dolphin 2.0. You could try a more recent build.
You can download recent builds here: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
Thanks! Now the control issue is solved, but has arisen another one...

You'll see, this version has not the video plugin I used, Dolphin Direct3D9. And I tried to copy it by hand but it doesn't detect it. The other plugins make my "old" computer slower and slower.

So, I think the former version suits more my PC, but can I add it some plugins for the controller from the new version?
update your directx and the plugin will so up.
After a lot of trial and error, finally I can finally play. Thanks guys, you're the best.