Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: openGL Extentions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having problems with Dolphin, Trying to play the GC games and i keep getting a msg saying "Can't create opengl Renderer, You might be missing some required opengl Extensions, check the logs for mor info" I went looking for these extensions and found absolutly nothing on them, a couple of people had the same problem, but no one was able to give a straight answer.
If anyone could, give me a link to a version i can use with Windows 7, 64bit
Ill put my system specs below just incase you need them,

Manufacturer:Toshiba
Processor:Celeron® Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80Gz 1.79GHz
RAM:4.00GB (3.84 useable)
System Type:64-bit Operating System

Thanks for your time, i will really appriciate an answer soon.
You can try updating your graphics drivers, but you probably won't be able to use the OpenGL graphics plugin with your video card.
Use the Direct3D graphics plugin instead, it's faster anyways. (also make sure you use "EFB copy to texture" option)
(07-16-2010, 06:08 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You can try updating your graphics drivers, but you probably won't be able to use the OpenGL graphics plugin with your video card.
Use the Direct3D graphics plugin instead, it's faster anyways. (also make sure you use "EFB copy to texture" option)

how do i change it to Direct3D?
(07-16-2010, 06:08 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You can try updating your graphics drivers, but you probably won't be able to use the OpenGL graphics plugin with your video card.

I found out how to change it, but when i started the game, (Resident Evil) They went into the room and therir bodys were really badly out of shape, arms where long and doubled, then legs were all inverted and it was really dark
(07-16-2010, 07:22 AM)Jabbafeet Wrote: [ -> ]I found out how to change it, but when i started the game, (Resident Evil) They went into the room and therir bodys were really badly out of shape, arms where long and doubled, then legs were all inverted and it was really dark

A screenshot would be better than trying to describe it.

Try updating your graphics drivers and try a more recent build of Dolphin.
How do i get you a screen shot?
and i tired both of those things,
(07-16-2010, 07:22 AM)Jabbafeet Wrote: [ -> ]I found out how to change it, but when i started the game, (Resident Evil) They went into the room and therir bodys were really badly out of shape, arms where long and doubled, then legs were all inverted and it was really dark

Sounds like you are using an old build with the buggy Optimize Quantizers. Either disable Optimize Quantizers or update to the latest build which has implemented a Safe Quantizers fix.
Quote:You can try updating your graphics drivers, but you probably won't be able to use the OpenGL graphics plugin with your video card.

O.....M.....F......G.....
IT MADE IT WORK!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
BRAWL AND MELEE PLAYS LIKE A CHARM!!!!

KUDOS TO YOU!!!
(07-17-2010, 01:03 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds like you are using an old build with the buggy Optimize Quantizers. Either disable Optimize Quantizers or update to the latest build which has implemented a Safe Quantizers fix.

Okay so i did all that and its looking great, the only thing i cant get sorted now is the brightness, its way to dark, i cant see anything except my character and the fire and mabie a little bit of the wall
(08-19-2010, 04:47 PM)peterjames12 Wrote: [ -> ]As per my suggestion for this type of problem you can solve with google. In google you can easily solve this problem with some tips and tricks solution and also you can get many benefit also.

Yes i have done that and foolishly downloaded things i thought would help, but i downloaded trojans, i have more of a chance getting helped here of the OFFICAL website