Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii and Ability to hibernate/resume Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi people!!

Yeah, like hibernate on a pc or a vm with vmware and then restore the state of the game several days later without load any state or native states, etc. I think this can be a good and powerful feature, It can be done?
would be interesting see this in action in dolphin.

Maybe all of you think that I'm crazy Smile , sorry for my bad english...

edit: I'm not a coder but one option it's maybe Pausing the game, then just copying the allocated memory for the game and saving this to disk, then restore from the hibernated file and resume the game.

LeaL
Quote:hibernate on a pc or a vm with vmware and then restore the state of the game several days later without load any state or native states
Quote:Pausing the game, then just copying the allocated memory for the game and saving this to disk, then restore from the hibernated file and resume the game.

[Image: 116taip.png]
:\ That's exactly what a savestate does... Resumes the game from exactly where you left it, without using the game's internal save system.

I don't know how much easier it can be made than pressing shift+F12 after you start a game. It takes one second
(07-15-2010, 11:37 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:hibernate on a pc or a vm with vmware and then restore the state of the game several days later without load any state or native states
Quote:Pausing the game, then just copying the allocated memory for the game and saving this to disk, then restore from the hibernated file and resume the game.

[Image: 116taip.png]
:\ That's exactly what a savestate does... Resumes the game from exactly where you left it, without using the game's internal save system.

I don't know how much easier it can be made than pressing shift+F12 after you start a game. It takes one second

I know that, but, the savestates are buggie, all kinds of bugs can happen when you load savestates Wink
I don't think there's another way...
(07-15-2010, 10:48 PM)lealhavanacuba Wrote: [ -> ]edit: I'm not a coder but one option it's maybe Pausing the game, then just copying the allocated memory for the game and saving this to disk, then restore from the hibernated file and resume the game.
LeaL

That's called a save state.