Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The most recommended video card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the most recommended video card for dolphin?

Since wii is using ATI Graphic Chip, I thought ATI card is probably perfect enough in running the emulator. I have ATI 5770 1GB with Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550. Direct3D11 plugin causes some games to have black shadow/mark/glitch that did not appear when I used Direct3D9 plugin. I played ToS: Dawn of the New World and Muramasa without any slow down or glitches. Apparently it's a problem when playing Bleach: Shattered Blade and Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility. The edges of the graphics are terrible to look with the eye. If I turn on the Anti-alias feature, the game will lag like mad.
I also have an issue when playing Bleach: Shattered Blade, where the game would freeze in story mode and Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility where the text is only showing one letter in the text box.
Your GPU is fine, it's just the state of the plugin currently, remember Dolphin, and especially the DX11 plugin, is a WIP after all.
Your rig is perfect for dolphin. But that DX11 is in progression, so try to use DX9 plugin if you want to play....
what level of GPU can support 1920x1080 + 9xSSAA + 3xEFB
I think GTX 480 in Max SLI.....Tongue