Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Silly question about controller bindings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been trying to play Wind Waker, and bindings aren't working right. I can't L-target with the triggers. I'm using a Madkatz 360 USB controller (Madkatz is probably the reason why its a piece of crap), but the triggers don't work, while everything else seems to. Is there a way to reset the bindings back to default?
You need to give more information. :/
Which Dolphin version?
Which plugin?
(07-13-2010, 11:01 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to give more information. :/
Which Dolphin version?
Which plugin?

Sure! Sorry.
Let's see..
I'm using the GCPad plugin for the controller, and I'm guessing the Dolphin version is "Dolphin SVN R 5192M". If not, tell me where I can find it, and I'll give the right version. Appreciate the reply.
I've noticed a problem with my Madcatz 360 controller and the triggers. They work just fine but not at the same time (Can't L target and use shield at the same time.) I did work around it though, I set the left shoulder button (above the left trigger), to L as well. So if I need to use my shield, I L target with L shoulder. But if I'm simply L targeting, I just use the L trigger. Hope that helps
(07-13-2010, 11:33 AM)cstryon Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed a problem with my Madcatz 360 controller and the triggers. They work just fine but not at the same time (Can't L target and use shield at the same time.) I did work around it though, I set the left shoulder button (above the left trigger), to L as well. So if I need to use my shield, I L target with L shoulder. But if I'm simply L targeting, I just use the L trigger. Hope that helps

Yeah.. I thought about that, but the shoulder buttons bind for me, but do nothing in game, cause I could just use that instead of the triggers. Oh well. :\ I've got that "section" of the bindings set to Triggers. I tried Keyboard, but then I can't have a hand on the keyboard, and try to operate the controller with one hand lol. Blah
Here is how I have my buttons binded. L Trigger, L shoulder is L. R Trigger is R. R shoulder is Z. Green = A, Blue = B, Red = X, Yellow = Y. Then of course Main Stick, C stick, and D pad are obvious. So you can map your shoulder buttons, but they don't actually work in game?
(07-13-2010, 11:45 AM)cstryon Wrote: [ -> ]Here is how I have my buttons binded. L Trigger, L shoulder is L. R Trigger is R. R shoulder is Z. Green = A, Blue = B, Red = X, Yellow = Y. Then of course Main Stick, C stick, and D pad are obvious. So you can map your shoulder buttons, but they don't actually work in game?

Exactly. Same settings as yours. I may need a newer version or something?
Update to the latest revision. The new built in GCPad configuration can handle 360 controller triggers much better.
(07-13-2010, 01:05 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Update to the latest revision. The new built in GCPad configuration can handle 360 controller triggers much better.

Just did that actually, and it seems to be working. Gonna find a config guide now, appreciate the help from you two.