Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and Intel i5-750 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KilleX

I have dolphin 2.0 installed and Intel's CPU i5-750 not overclocked . The problem with CPU was when it's go to turbo bost it never reach 3.2GHz but max 2.8GHz . To fix this I changed C-State to C6 in bios configuration . After that done some benchmarks and the CPU was reaching 3.2Ghz when one or 2 cores are active . But problem with Dolphin was that when C-state was on auto it could run game around 45-50FPS but after I configured it to C6 it can reach only 30FPS . Can someone tell me what is happening ?

I have good psu OCZ 600W . My graphic card is PowerColor 5770 1GB and MB is Asus P7P55D series . Other programs run as usual and benchmark is showing similar scores . Also temperatures are normal .

Please help ?Confused
Why would you change the c-state to c6? Change it to c0.

KilleX

(07-12-2010, 08:38 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you change the c-state to c6? Change it to c0.

Well when C-state was on auto processor didn't reach 3.2 GHz on turbo mode . Then I found some topic to change it to C6 for turbo mode to work properly . I will try to set it to C0 now .

Edit: Changed it to C1 (because I don't have C0 option only auto ) and the CPU isn't turbo boosting more than 2.81GHz . Also Dolphin runs slow . Maybe it's problem with windows ?
Ok this is what I tried . First I changed graphic plugin to DirectX and games runs at usal speed ( 40-50fps ) . Changed back to old plugin and got around 30Fps . I think the problem is in ATI new drivers that I installed . Why ? Because ATI has now support for OpenGL 5.0 and that may be the problem . They crashed something with their driver