Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't get netplay to work at all. Using build 5811.
Host on my end and my friend tries to connect and nothing happens. no error, nothing. Just doesn't work.
I have ports forwarded and added exceptions to firewall.
I even try to host on my machine and run second instance and connect and same thing, just does nothing.
What am I doing worng? Any ideas?

Thanks.
If you're trying this with a Wii game, forget it.
Thanks for the reply Wink

Tried it with mariokart Wii and mariokart DD for the cube. No luck with either.
When I click the connect button it does nothing.
If you can't even connect to yourself you must be doing something wrong.
List everything you do to set up NetPlay, step by step, list every button you click and what you enter in every text box, server-side and client-side, in order.
I'm assuming you are on Windows.
Just retraced my steps again and for some reason i can connect to myself now so will tesst with a friend to see how it goes.
I initially had port set to 9500 and put it back to default 2626 now if that had anything to do with it?

Thanks for the reply.
Ok so got the game working, SORT OF Big Grin

We got into game ok and were able to select everything but as soon as race starts I just see my friend constantly bumping into a wall and not going anywhere and he sees the same with me, but we can each race ok on our own screens

Controls are laggy though and fps drops to 40/50.
Tried with dual core disabled/enabled but with disabled frame rate is unplayable.
Tried Mariokart DD & Mariokart Wii and same result.
Tried New super mario bros but doesn't recognise controller presses so can't start game.

Both of us are using identical 5811 versions of dolphin.
I was hosting ans he was getting 80ms ping to me.

Any suggestions?
When you click, Tools -> Start NetPlay, read what it says there.
Yea I spotted that and we tried different configs but will try again tomorrow.
Is it possible to get playable frame rate with dual core off?
And is there always gonna be lag on the controllers?

Thanks Smile
The host can lower the pad buffer size (on the bottom of the NetPlay chat window) to reduce the controller delay. But if you go too low it will cause the game to slow down.