Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to Speed Up Dolphin to the Max! [NO HARDWARE UPGRADES!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
no that version uses 32bit drivers. so no darkshadw it wont work...unfortunately
there are ramdisk programs out there that work with windows 7 64 bit
I found one, but it didn't do any good. I got the exact same speed as I did on my regular harddrive. My PC isn't the most powerful, but it runs most games close to 100%, just need that little bit of extra power to keep it at 100%.
(07-25-2010, 11:26 PM)TheBboyKnowledge Wrote: [ -> ]there are ramdisk programs out there that work with windows 7 64 bit

Like what?? I've already tried looking to no avail (and the ones I did find cost).
BUMP!
Quote:Like what?? I've already tried looking to no avail (and the ones I did find cost).

Dataram > all other free ramdisk programs: http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-s...re/ramdisk
hm, from what I've read over the years, it seems all those ram freeing tools don't really help, some even rather hurt...
the best thing you can do is a thourough sweep through windows services (there's sooooooo many you don't need) and nothing in autostart of course.
Quote: some even rather hurt...

Unless you run out of ram that's impossible.

Quote:it seems all those ram freeing tools don't really help

In most situations no. Think of it like improving your HDD read speeds, in most apps HDD read speeds make little difference since the bottleneck is always somewhere else. But with certain games that use a lot of texture streaming it can be helpful for reducing stuttering (crysis is a good example) that occurs when part of the system has to wait for a new texture to be streamed from the HDD into memory. We don't really have this problem with dolphin now that opencl has been implemented.

XAERO

Sad strange that i have 3gb of ram and i can only use 60mb for ramdisk it refuse more even after a reboot.

i used the free version linked in the first post and windows xp
Quote:hm, from what I've read over the years, it seems all those ram freeing tools don't really help, some even rather hurt...
the best thing you can do is a thourough sweep through windows services (there's sooooooo many you don't need) and nothing in autostart of course.

I've already used GamesBooster, which turns off a bunch of windows's background processes to free RAM and CPU usage. Never really worked for me, not a single FPS, and I suspect that it made my windows xp unstable (it was an old install tough, that's why I installed 7), but who knows, depending on the OS and the hardware combination it could help a little... Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12