Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to Speed Up Dolphin to the Max! [NO HARDWARE UPGRADES!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
1. This will not show any major improvements for computers with a high end CPU or graphics card!

It's true, imho there's no way to speed up a Computer with these "drugstore pc-mag tuning tools" or other Software (unless newer drivers) Even the Ramdisk thingy won't give you the boost from slow 25fps to playable 30fps... but never the less "nice" intention.

If your PC is showing a real drawback in performance you should consider a fresh installing of the OS+newest drivers and this time without useless stuff...

btw: Win7 does a good job, even with low perf pc's and there's no need to kill processes like taskbar or explorer (well I guess no one has 20apps in de Sidebar or 80 processes in the taskmanager up an running cause this will drain a lot of performance from your CPU)
I'm afraid that Ramdisk link doesn't work with Windows 7. Sad Is there an alternate?
Also, whenever I close out that .bat file when I'm done playing, my desktop or taskbar doesn't come back. How do I get it to come back without having to restart?
(07-24-2010, 05:00 PM)shade3134 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid that Ramdisk link doesn't work with Windows 7. Sad Is there an alternate?
Also, whenever I close out that .bat file when I'm done playing, my desktop or taskbar doesn't come back. How do I get it to come back without having to restart?

don't close the bat file! close dolphin!
and if you mess up open task manager, click new task, and type explorer.exe
press ok and you're done Smile
Yeah, is there a version of ram disk for windows 7 users?
ok so to get the desktop back.... press crtl + alt +del go to task manager....then go into the file menu or options menu ... i forget...but then go to the run function (the shortcut windows button +r doesnt work because the explorer.exe is disabled) then in the run box type in explorer.exe and press ok and tada desktop is back lol
the ramdisk does work with windows 7 32bit. just right click and run as admin.but it dosent work with win7 x64.
uhm. or you could just disable cpu throttling in bios... even when cpu throttling is on, it will max out when you load dolphin... just saying.
(07-25-2010, 02:47 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]the ramdisk does work with windows 7 32bit. just right click and run as admin.but it dosent work with win7 x64.

Is there a ramdisk that works with 64 bit windows 7? And if there one that could fit a 4.5gb game? I have enough RAM. This one has a limit, I think.
You can use 6 GB of RAM for RamDisk in the 32 bit version if you have 6 GB or.more ofcourse

What I want to say is that it doesn't matter if you have 32 bit or 64 bit.
It does matter. When installing it says something like "doesn't work with this 64 bit version of windows".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12