Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to Speed Up Dolphin to the Max! [NO HARDWARE UPGRADES!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(07-10-2010, 08:52 PM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]Every FPS is welcome Big Grin!

And did you know this:
When you run a game from a external hard drive, you can right click it -> Properties -> Hardware tab -> Dubble click your hard drive -> policy settings (or something like that, I don't have a English windows) and then choose optimize for speed?

It will be faster Smile.

Thanks I will add that because ramdisk is just making things faster because the speed of the disk is faster. so optimizing your hard drive for performance might make it run just a little bit faster so every FPS is welcome
Doesn't it eats RAM used for dolphin....?????
@Arpit, it depends on how much you use for RAM Disk ofcourse, Dolphin needs like 500 MB RAM to work properly most of the time Wink.
(07-11-2010, 05:06 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]@Arpit, it depends on how much you use for RAM Disk ofcourse, Dolphin needs like 500 MB RAM to work properly most of the time Wink.

yeah like i would first start up ram disk (use like 1.5 gb max for myself) because dolphin does use ram so there is really no point in putting the program on the ramdisk

then copy NOT PASTE the game to ram disk

open and use game booster and minimize to tray

then use the batch file created for dolphin to launch dolphin

(i already would have cpu locked at fullspeed and services optimized and hard drive set for performance before all of this)

and then all together 20-30% FPS gains for all gamecube games!Big Grin
I found something that could also help a little bit I hope :p.
Put program in your RAM (NO RAMDISK!)

Open start -> Run -> Type RegEdit -> Press OK/Return -> Browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControl-Set/Control/Session Manager/Memory Management/ -> Find the DWORD: DisablePagingExecutive -> Change the 0 to 1.

Some info about this "tweak":
The default value is set to 0, that means that all the programs are loaded into the virtual RAM, when it's set to, 1 the program will load into the real RAM.

Be sure to have enough RAM plox! I'm not responsible for any problems!!
(07-12-2010, 09:19 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]I found something that could also help a little bit I hope :p.
Put program in your RAM (NO RAMDISK!)

Open start -> Run -> Type RegEdit -> Press OK/Return -> Browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControl-Set/Control/Session Manager/Memory Management/ -> Find the DWORD: DisablePagingExecutive -> Change the 0 to 1.

Some info about this "tweak":
The default value is set to 0, that means that all the programs are loaded into the virtual RAM, when it's set to, 1 the program will load into the real RAM.

Be sure to have enough RAM plox! I'm not responsible for any problems!!

before i add i will need you and a maybe a few other volunteers to test this. i will test this myself as well
tested and there is a small unoticibale performance increae of like 2-3fps.....didn't do much since most of my games play over 100% but still the 2-3 fps only happened in the slow areas and the normal areas were well...normal

so i will need more reports like this to add that since my gains might not be because of this....

so any volunteers please feel free to try what darkshadw said (the registry tweak) and post results here

thanks i'm glad this list is getting longer!
(07-12-2010, 02:41 PM)TheBboyKnowledge Wrote: [ -> ]thanks i'm glad this list is getting longer!

Me too ^_^, and it can be simply undone by setting the value back to 0 btw :p, I get 1 more FPS on my machine Smile, not that it is much, but better than nothing Big Grin.
(07-12-2010, 09:29 PM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2010, 02:41 PM)TheBboyKnowledge Wrote: [ -> ]thanks i'm glad this list is getting longer!

Me too ^_^, and it can be simply undone by setting the value back to 0 btw :p, I get 1 more FPS on my machine Smile, not that it is much, but better than nothing Big Grin.

cool so glad to know my gains are coming from that tweak!

i will add. i will continue to search for things and i hope you will as well and many others

with all of these tweaks and things done to my machine. when i use them all together i go from the old 80% in Draongball Z Budokai 2 without any tweaking and stuff to 120% in the game! who wouldn't want boost like that?

i am a very happy person and with your weak i get less slowdowns and like i said 2-3 fps in some areas. every fps counts so i will add
hey tnx for the guide...in the rmclock post i constantly read that this thing is netbook-only. so is it netbook-only? and is it worth using ramdisk? does it increase performance?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12