Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Direct3D 11...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I recently got my hands on with Dolphin. Initially, I tried Dolphin 2.0 Release version with Super Mario Galaxy 2. I played with settings a bit and was able to get 60FPS all the time under 720p (1280x720) resolution. But Mario's eyes always appear white.

Then I came to know that the latest build fixed white eyes. But in the latest build, Direct3D 9 plugin has been changed to Direct3D 11. The overall game speed is reduced to around 30-40 FPS under all same settings.

What should I do to get back the Direct 3D 9 plugin in the latest build?

I have:
-Core i5 750
-2GB RAM
-ATI Radeon 4870
-Windows 7 - 64bit
-Dolphin r5851 - 64bit
Well, not to sound like doctor obvious but you switch to dx9 plugin in the config.
[Image: 24ys1nr.png]
This question gets asked 1-2 times per day:

Update your Directx or runtime drivers, I forget which specifically causes that problem so do both. Links are here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html

justfv

Using Dolphin 2.0 x64 with dx 9 I can get MarioKart at 60FPS (some texture glitches) the dx11 plugin wont function with 2.0 so I tried the SVN 5879. Using the dx11 plugin I get a gray screen with diagonal dashes. using DX9 i get the game but it runs marioKart at 40/50 FPS.

Am I the only one with the issue?

I am on a Sony Vaio VCPF1 1290x, Core I7 1.2/3.2GHZ Windows 7 pro 64bit, 8GB ram, and Nvidia Geforce 330M with 1GB.