Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best soundcard for Dolphin to reduce audio lag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!

My specs:

Dolphin SVN R 5837
Core i5 750 @ 4.00Ghz
4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 RAM
MSI GD65 P55 Motherboard
Asus Radeon 5870
M-Audio Firewire Solo Audio Interface
Custom watercooling

I was wondering - as my systems are primarily used for audio work I run expensive soundcards but I am encountering an issue in Dolphin playing Wii games where the game will sort of stutter (it seems audio related) every say 10 seconds.

Does everyone get this regardless of spec? Or if I was to say put a more commonly used soundcard (such as an X-Fi Xtreme Audio which I have lurking around) in my rig would I experience less audio lag/stutter?

Many thanks in advance to any help anybody can lend!

Otherwise, everything works PERFECT and I am EXTREMELY grateful to the hard work you guys have put into the emulator!

Tom
(07-08-2010, 03:55 AM)hughythomas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys!

My specs:

Dolphin SVN R 5837
Core i5 750 @ 4.00Ghz
4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 RAM
MSI GD65 P55 Motherboard
Asus Radeon 5870
M-Audio Firewire Solo Audio Interface
Custom watercooling

I was wondering - as my systems are primarily used for audio work I run expensive soundcards but I am encountering an issue in Dolphin playing Wii games where the game will sort of stutter (it seems audio related) every say 10 seconds.

Does everyone get this regardless of spec? Or if I was to say put a more commonly used soundcard (such as an X-Fi Xtreme Audio which I have lurking around) in my rig would I experience less audio lag/stutter?

Many thanks in advance to any help anybody can lend!

Otherwise, everything works PERFECT and I am EXTREMELY grateful to the hard work you guys have put into the emulator!

Tom

Audio lagg is not because you sound card, its because the game is not emulated at full speed Wink.
Oops

I actually fixed my problem by using "Dsound" instead of "OpenAL".

I keep posting problems only to fix them myself - it's amazing what you can do when you have a fiddle so to speak...haha!

Thanks for the reply either way!

Tom
Good to see you fixed it by yourself Smile.
i5 750@4ghz not fullspeed? wtf?!