Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No OpenCL working with Geforce gt330m and driver 257.21 or 258.69beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a lot of research and tried different driver versions (257.21 and 258.69 beta) with my nvidia geforce gt330m. It should support OpenCL. Capsviewer shows a OpenCL 1.1, but the OpenCL tests do not work. GPU-Z 0.44 does not should OpenCL checked at all.

Do you have any idea what is wrong here? I read a lot of people have this problem. I also completly uninstalled the drivers, disabled driver framework foundation, restarted and reinstalled... No changes.
Capsviewer Demo does not work? Any warnings pop out?
How about running a dolphin builds with OpenCL?
Also, please check the NVIDIA control panel->manage 3D settings->Enable CUDA-GPU.
Capsviewer says "Open CL context: found 0 OpenCL GPU device. Bye..." , but on the OpenCL tab before, it shows "found 1 OpenCL device"

Dolphin builds with enabled OpenCL always show just a black screen and the hang.

I set the options to "All GPUs" in the nVidia control panel. If I select the device, then automatically "all devices" appears.
I think its not supported.
What window OS are you using?
I think win32(x86) builds with OpenCL will get this problems.
Also, may be you can try this:
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opencl.html
Don't know it help or not.
(07-07-2010, 09:04 PM)blackJade Wrote: [ -> ]What window OS are you using?
I think win32(x86) builds with OpenCL will get this problems.
Also, may be you can try this:
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opencl.html
Don't know it help or not.

It's Windows 7 64 bit with all patches. What should I install from the nVidia OpenCL page? The CUDA toolkit maybe?
Well, may be you should download the display card driver from your notebook manufacture official website instead of NVIDIA.
Make sure you are downloading x64 version of driver.
The website I give you contains a OpenCL v1.1 pre-release drivers.
It can download after registation.
You can try it, but I don't know it work or not.
BTW, OpenCL need sometime to load and test after boot a game in dolphin.
And running OpenCL no need to install SDK.
(have you recently installed any of them?)
I now also installed the driver provided by Sony. It's a very old version, v188. OpenCL was introduced somewhere at v197 by nVidia. Maybe Sony disabled the OpenCL support in the videocard's firmware?
extract the installation file contents with 7-zip, search around the inside for the real installation file and run in compatibility mode for windows Me