Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wiimote loses connection after 5 minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

allenbina

1st: thank you mods and forum gods.
2nd: i'm not a noob in forums, emulation or computers, but i'm clearly doing something wrong. i've read the google project page for similar issues but found none. i've read the threads about the bluetooth issues, but it seems like the blind leading the blind or conflicting answers that lead nowhere.

real question:
i have a core 2 duo 2.9ish oc'd to 3.4ish and while monitoring my task manager, it seems enough. I have enough memory and close everything else down. basically the game runs full speed.
I can successfully get the wiimote working! success! While playing the new super mario bros wii game (the only game i've dumped), after about 2 minutes, the controller stops working. sometimes the game slows down, otherwise, it just stops reading it. the controller also loses the led signal on player 1, whenever I push a button it just starts flashing all 4. to restore the controller, i need to delete the device from the bluetooth (microsoft) devices and re-add it. sometimes I need to restart dolphin also.

Forgive me if this question has been asked, i honestly spent 3 hours reading into it.
let the flaming begin.
What bluetooth stick + dolphin revision do you use?

In the newest it must be fixed.
I've been having a similar issue of auto-disconnecting of the wiimote within 5-30 minutes... but it sounds very different than yours and will instead make my own post and track this thread Smile

allenbina

1st, thank you thank you thank you for the reply.

I did some troubleshooting already. I assumed the problem was my dongle (cheap ebay generic), so I bought another dongle: a rocketfish from best buy. i'm not sure what chipset it uses (do bluetooth devices use chipsets?) The problem happens on both dongles.

I'm using the 2.0 x64 build, not any specific build that I can tell. I checked the license.txt and there wasn't any specific info about a build. I'm downloading the windows build (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/WindowsBuild) and try it out now. i'll post an update so anyone having the same problem can follow my steps.

THANKS AGAIN

allenbina

2 hours into figuring out where the dam dependencies are in visual studio 2010. i'll get there eventually.
(07-08-2010, 08:18 AM)allenbina Wrote: [ -> ]2 hours into figuring out where the dam dependencies are in visual studio 2010. i'll get there eventually.

I'm not entirely sure why you are building Dolphin instead of just downloading the executables.
http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php...load_id=95

Quote:I did some troubleshooting already. I assumed the problem was my dongle (cheap ebay generic), so I bought another dongle: a rocketfish from best buy. i'm not sure what chipset it uses (do bluetooth devices use chipsets?) The problem happens on both dongles.
I got mine from BestBuy too. Is it the same as mine (RF-FLBTAD Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)? I tried getting it to work with the Microsoft Stack but couldn't. Did you install the CD drivers or just plug it in?

allenbina

(07-08-2010, 08:57 AM)ffhighwind Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2010, 08:18 AM)allenbina Wrote: [ -> ]2 hours into figuring out where the dam dependencies are in visual studio 2010. i'll get there eventually.

I'm not entirely sure why you are building Dolphin instead of just downloading the executables.
http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php...load_id=95

Quote:I did some troubleshooting already. I assumed the problem was my dongle (cheap ebay generic), so I bought another dongle: a rocketfish from best buy. i'm not sure what chipset it uses (do bluetooth devices use chipsets?) The problem happens on both dongles.
I got mine from BestBuy too. Is it the same as mine (RF-FLBTAD Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)? I tried getting it to work with the Microsoft Stack but couldn't. Did you install the CD drivers or just plug it in?

I just plugged mine in. Works fine for me. I've given up on the dependencies and i'm downloading visual c++ 2008 express and i'm going to try the newest svn.
Just use one of the newer prebuilt revisions: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

The controller plugins have improved considerably since 2.0. Make sure you tick the "reconnect on disconnect" box in the wiimote menu.
Repeating my last post. Is it the same as mine (RF-FLBTAD Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)? And there is no reason build from source when you can just download a release.
(07-08-2010, 01:44 PM)ffhighwind Wrote: [ -> ]And there is no reason build from source when you can just download a release.

Your link was to 2.0 which is an older version now. Download one of the newer ones from mamario's site (which is what I linked) and try it out.