Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Targus Bluetooth Adapter issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OS => genuine Windows 7 Professional x64
Product => Targus ACB10US1 - USB BLUETOOTH ADAPTER

Has anybody else got this to work with the Nintendo Wiimote? I can get the Bluetooth Devices tray icon to show and "add a device" and hold buttons 1 and 2 simultaneously and get blinking lights but get no results in the list. I've spent about 5 hours installing different WIDCOMM/Bluesoleil/Microsoft stacks and their drivers, including the default CD ones with no luck. One even had "My Bluetooth Places." I also spent a couple more hours searching the forums...

I found these threads to be the most relevant... but they don't seem to have the same problem... possibly because they are using ACB10US instead of "US1"?
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-6872-page-1.html
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-914...l#pid88207
So I just bought the more expensive $35 Rocketfish 2.1 EDR USB Adapter and am having the same issues.
I've tried swapping to a different wiimote, rebooting, pressing the button on the bluetooth adapter, pressing/holding other buttons on the wiimote, plugging it into different USB ports, and "updating drivers" in the device manager to generic versions.

I could be having bad luck with product choices, Bluetooth 2.1 doesn't work with the wiimote, my previous drivers could not have completely uninstalled and be interfering, or I'm missing something.

I'll be installing stacks first and then trying it on a Windows XP computer... before returning it and borrowing one or buying one on newegg... or giving up.
Success!

The latest trial version of BS (IVT_BlueSoleil_6.4.314.3) detects it (Nintendo RVL-CNT-01) but asks for a passkey. I will try previous versions of BS and edit this post if I get success.

I will confirm that the "list of working bluetooth devices" here confirms that the WIDCOMM stack has problems with this device.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_...th_Devices
The wiimotes doesn't have a pairing code, so always choose not to input one if asked.

Good luck with getting it to work.
Thanks jumb.

I tried:
Bluesoleil 5.0.5.178 (doesn't detect the hardware)
Bluesoleil 3.2.2.8 (can't find the wiimote, just makes a noise... may be an incomplete install since no Bluetooth Radio exists in the device manager)
Bluesoleil 3.0.0.0 Std Release (same)
Bluesoleil 2.6.0.8 (same)

I went back to the trial version and have 30 days left... I haven't quite tested it with the sensor bar, but the buttons and nunchuck work fine. However, Bluesoleil keeps throwing up some trial dialog and disconnecting the wiimote, which causes my game to crash.
(07-07-2010, 11:41 AM)ffhighwind Wrote: [ -> ]Bluesoleil keeps throwing up some trial dialog and disconnecting the wiimote, which causes my game to crash.

Apparently BlueSoleil trial has a 2MB limit. I assumed that was transfer rate instead of total data but I guess I was wrong. It just disconnects my device after a while, which causes Dolphin to crash. I can never get far enough to save my game, and Save State seems to not work properly. I'm definitely not spending another $25 on driver software... so if anybody has had little problems with their cheap adapter for win7 64bit I'd greatly appreciate the tip.
Isnt there a bluetooth connection thingy in windows 7?
I bought a generic USB bluetooth adapter at Tescos, and just downloaded Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.
It has a fully functional 30-day trial on any non-toshiba hardware, it's quite simple to use, and you can make desktop shortcuts for connecting wiimotes.

Here's the real kicker though, when you uninstall it, and delete all profile data whilst doing so, then re-install it, it forgets your 30 days are up. There you have it, free, simple and easy to use bluetooth software.
Quote:Isnt there a bluetooth connection thingy in windows 7?
If you mean the Bluetooth Stack, then yes there is one... but the basic drivers don't seem to get the job done. It tells me the "device is not installed properly" and links me to Broadcom. When I install the WIDCOMM drivers and then switch it to "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" it still can't find the wiimote. I think it might have something to do with it being a new product (Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR - enhanced data rate).

(07-08-2010, 12:12 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a generic USB bluetooth adapter at Tescos, and just downloaded Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.
Thanks RupeeClock, but I don't think there is any Tesco near me. It's apparently called Fresh & Easy in the USA... and I've never heard of either. Sad