Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Massive difference in image quality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ltnublet

Hey, first post, so sorry if this is in the wrong board. I recently installed the latest SVN build (5835), and copied my savegames over from my regular 2.0 folder. When I loaded up the game in 2.0, it looks good. Not amazing, but pretty good. However, the exact same spot in the SVN build looks MUCH much better. All of the settings are the same except the video plugin; I'm using the regular DirectX9 plugin on 2.0, and the DirectX11 plugin on the SVN build. The audio plugins are the same, and so are the control plugins. All of the game options are set to the same. Is it just because of the video plugins that the game looks so much better in the SVN version?

Picture related.

[Image: whatthem.th.png]
No, it looks better because the SVN has the Twilight Princess Hack enabled, if you turn it on in 2.0 it should look the same.

ltnublet

(07-07-2010, 03:36 AM)ArarisValerian Wrote: [ -> ]No, it looks better because the SVN has the Twilight Princess Hack enabled, if you turn it on in 2.0 it should look the same.

I turned the Twilight Princess Hack on, and it still looks far better in the SVN version than in 2. Pic related.

[Image: pic2pa.th.png]
no it will not - because the lighting has been improved in newer svn versions. (with all plugins imho)
strange...it might be placebo, but now I also got the strong feeling DX11 looks much better (at least in ZTP) than DX9...unfortunately, it's much slower for me, though Undecided
I meant to say that because you're using the Zelda TP hack in the SVN it'll look better. You can't however turn on anti-aliasing as long as you use the hack though. If you disable the hack it'll look similar to the 2.0 version however the 2.0 version has the blur in the top left of the screen which was fixed later on.
(07-07-2010, 04:58 AM)ltnublet Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2010, 03:36 AM)ArarisValerian Wrote: [ -> ]No, it looks better because the SVN has the Twilight Princess Hack enabled, if you turn it on in 2.0 it should look the same.

I turned the Twilight Princess Hack on, and it still looks far better in the SVN version than in 2. Pic related.

[Image: pic2pa.th.png]

Maybe you are just tired from trying too many settings and revisions (not an insult - happened to me a while back when testing graphics on various games).
To be frank there is very little if any difference in that screen when enlarged. In 5835 the image is maybe 10% sharper (trees ahead, link's hood) but that's it.

In fact if you compare anything except the tree group textures in the distance on the left, almost everything is quite identical. (Plus additional grass is seen in the far right on 5835)

rogerjack

If you have massive difference in image quality then there are you have to set many setting and versions. You can't however turn on anti-aliasing as long as you use the hack though with these you may have contain lot of things are included it into them.