Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using the NAND dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NaokiS

After following the guide on this forum, I managed to get the Wii Menu running, but a few things hit me:

1: I saw none of my channels on there. Fair enough, it's not the same Wii, but if it had the key and the 1:1 nand dump, you might have expected them to be there.

2: The settings screen didn't work. Again, fair enough, the settings can be set in the GUI

3: None of my saves were there either, even after trying to import them from my SD card.

Loving it's progress, nice to see someone managing to emulate the Wii decently. I just wanted to ask, what, if possible, would it take to make it feel like my Wii's menu? And is the WiFi emulated?

Also, is booting to the Menu just there so you can? Can you import a Disc into the emu while running the Menu and be able to go back to the menu in game? I ask since when using the game Isos, when you press to go back to the Wii Menu, it says an error and stalls the game.

n00b here, so sorry if it's the wrong forum or i broke a rule.
1: I don't believe proper support that been implemented for the wii menu yet.
2: See point 1.
3: See point 1.

Your saves WERE imported, but the wii menu fails to show your Wii saves. It will however show your gamecube saves.
They'll probably get to work on making the wii menu work in the future, but for the time being it's more important to get all the current emulation kinks sorted out, and figure out linking the internal software later.
All you can really do with the Wii menu now, is read through any messages on the message board, and look at a disc channel by booting a game, then booting the wii menu after, or setting a default ISO.

NaokiS

(07-03-2010, 12:18 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]1: I don't believe proper support that been implemented for the wii menu yet.
2: See point 1.
3: See point 1.

Well I've seen Dolphin with the Wii Menu with channels on it.. but, who knows what the people did.

(07-03-2010, 12:18 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]Your saves WERE imported, but the wii menu fails to show your Wii saves. It will however show your gamecube saves.

Although you can copy them to the Private folder and the games themselves will read them as I found out.

(07-03-2010, 12:18 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]They'll probably get to work on making the wii menu work in the future, but for the time being it's more important to get all the current emulation kinks sorted out, and figure out linking the internal software later.

Is this including the various 3D bugs? Not being nit picky, but the Legend Series of Spyro has big issues with the graphics plugin Tongue

(07-03-2010, 12:18 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]All you can really do with the Wii menu now, is read through any messages on the message board, and look at a disc channel by booting a game, then booting the wii menu after, or setting a default ISO.

As I thought, thanks for the reply RupeeClock. Wink
(07-03-2010, 12:23 PM)NaokiS Wrote: [ -> ]Well I've seen Dolphin with the Wii Menu with channels on it.. but, who knows what the people did.

Are you sure it was dolphin and not an actual wii. Because dolphin can't read any channel except disk channel in the menu yet.

You can run channels as distinct .wad files though like you would run a game. Those should work 100%, such as mii channel. They just wont appear in the menu as selectable items even if you have a correctly dumped NAND in your dolphin folder.
(07-03-2010, 12:23 PM)NaokiS Wrote: [ -> ]Well I've seen Dolphin with the Wii Menu with channels on it.. but, who knows what the people did.

I posted some screenshots with channels displaying on dolphin
System menu 2.2 and lower will show installed channels, but they will not load