Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [How-to] Switching to Microsoft Bluetooth Stack in Windows (w/Pics :D)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I just got my new bluetooth adapter, and searched these forums for a reason why my wiimote wouldn't pair up. I then figured out about the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack, and switched over to it and it worked fine ^^. So I thought I would post a little guide here with how to switch over to it for anyone having troubles. If there's already a topic for this I did not see, sorry bout that (I searched a little, and didn't find anything).

Also, this guide is kind of... bare. If there's anything I am not aware of on someones particular setup, please PM me or post it and I will add it here.

Note this is for windows! And I am doing it on windows 7. If requested, I'll do it on windows xp and vista too Smile Anyways, onto the guide.

Defaulting to the Microsoft bluetooth stack
With dolphin, it requires the Microsoft bluetooth stack. With some bluetooth adapters, it comes with its own driver it wants to install. So how do we change this? use the device manager!

First step is to get to the device manager. So go to start, right-click my computer, and click properties.

[Image: win7-dm-step1.png]

Now go click on device manager.

[Image: win7-dm-step2.png]

Open the Bluetooth Radios section, and select your bluetooth adapter. Right click it and choose "Update Driver Software..."

[Image: win7-dm-step3.png]

Now click on "Browser my computer for driver software"

[Image: win7-dm-step4.png]

And then select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

[Image: win7-dm-step5.png]

Now, Select either "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" or "Generic Bluetooth Radio". With me it worked with both, but if one doesn't work just try the other :p

[Image: win7-dm-step6.png]

It will saying installing driver software, then tell you if it failed or successfully installed the generic driver. Click Close if it installed successfully, else go back to the last step and try a different generic driver.

[Image: win7-dm-step7.png]

Now you should be able to go and connect the wiimote in dolphin!

Hope this helps someone out there! Also, if you have any questions, just post below and I will try and help.

-Kris

nunocoelho88

Tank you for your help
This thread is invalid. the issue proposed is invalid. and the user is probably an invalid.

THE CSR DRIVER IS JUST A NAME, IT USES THE WINDOWS BLUE TOOTH DRIVERS AND STACK.

[Image: bluetooth.jpg]

FYI, its the enumerator driver that actually matters here, not the device itself.

Quote:If in Device Manager you see Bluetooth radio with one child as Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and one as your dongle then that the MSFT stack correctly working. Check to see if you have the Bluetooth Devices control panel. Try also the "Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard" app in Programs->Accessories->Communications (its fsquirt.exe).

and the CSR dongle works just fine with the steps outlined in the Wiimote connection wiki.