Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

koolaid1994

I've never used this program before, and i'm starting with mario kart double dash for pc. i open dolphin and locate my game so it's right there ready for me to run. When I select it and click play a new window opens but immediately an error message pops up saying "can't create opengl renderer. you might be missing some opengl extensions, check the log." so i check the log and after a few seconds of looking at code i find that it can't find "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object" i'm not sure how to install this, but i'm running xp on a lenovo thinkpad r61i with a weaksauce 1.6Ghz processor and an intel chipset. is dolphin unavailable to me?
not entirely. but don't expect good speed when playing with dolphin. you might want to try using DX9 plugin. if you can't see the plugin in Config->Plugin, you have to update your directX. try giving this topic a read. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html
By "Intel chipset" you mean Intel integrated graphics?

AFAIK, IGPs Intel does not "understand" OpenGL. Either these instructions aren't present on the graphics card or in the drivers.