Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenCL --> Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,

it´s great to see that Dolphin becomes better and better. I wanted to try out OpenCL, so perhaps I have a faster Emulation. When I check enable OpenCL every game crashes, having various messages(Application Crash). Disabling OpenCl works fine.

My Graphics Driver is Up to date as well as directX. Is there something im doing wrong?

Thank you
do u are sure the graphic card support opencl? that must be nvidia or ati+4000
I'm using DX11 June 2010 + Latest Nvidia drivers and games work fine for me (take longer to start up, but once it goes, its noticeably faster).
Yes 8800GT supports everything. I was even able to convert videos with the help of CUDA, so it will work. I WANT TO BENEFIT FROM OPENCL AHHH
I can't use OpenCL with the GeForce 8800GT although it should support it, it just crashes.

I have the newest drivers.
Yes 8800GT supports OpenCl, I used Badaboom to test it out, I was able to convert some videos to other formats in very short time
badaboom = cuda
cuda is NOT openCL
download gpu-z and see if you installed your driver right (opencl checked in gpu-z)
Ahh thanks for information! You are absolutly right, OpenCL is uncheck in GPU-Z. I reinstalled drivers, also tried out beta, but no result. What can I do?

On Wikipedia it says:

OpenCL in Snow Leopard will initially be supported on the ATI Radeon HD 4850, ATI Radeon HD 4870 and NVIDIA's Geforce 8600M GT, GeForce 8800 GS, GeForce 8800 GT, GeForce 8800 GTS, Geforce 9400M, GeForce 9600M GT, GeForce GT 120, GeForce GT 130, GeForce GTX 285, Quadro FX 4800, and Quadro FX 5600.[16]

So its Snow Leopard, but I think it should work too with Windows.
I don't think geforce 8000 series supports OpenCL under windows OS, there are specific drivers for Mac os X and perhaps Linux.

CUDA works though but dolphin wont benefit from that.

To be absolutely sure, in your position I'd download the latest forceware drivers for your card. If GPU-z still wont show support for OpenCL in the checkbox then it just wont work.
I downloaded the Nvidia GPUSDK, there are also some sample and testing programs, which all working correct(Yes OpenCL). Latest drivers are installed. I cant believe 8800GT is not supported.
Pages: 1 2