Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Coverflow for Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi yall, its so great to see dolphin has grown so much!
this is some great and unbelieveable work since dolphin has gone opensource and i bet still a lot of people dont know about how far it got untill today.

now i know still you devs are improoving things but i think a little cosmetic features are never wrong ^^

now as u can see from topic this post is about a coverflow feature for the iso/rom list. somehow it was the first thing which came to my mind when i tried riding the new dolphin...

my thought was that some good dev takes the source from some other open source projects and implement it into dolphin. im no real dev but i can tell that this shouldnt be so hard.

kantaris media player is opensource, it got a great "wall of movietrailer covers"

songbird is another opensource project with coverflow

i am using subfolder and i got the frontcover in every folder...
so maybe i inspired some bored dev to hit us with some covermagic
Only possible if Dolphin is more or less stable and runs most of the games perfectly...
No, it's a waste of development time.
(06-30-2010, 06:24 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's a waste of development time.
I'd prefer to get the Wii Menu working perfectly first.
well i dont think so:

because this is only about rom management, it shouldnt cross with the emulation process, in case do bugs or slowdowns.

so it doesnt need a fullspeed working game. i also have non working games in my list which grows every day.
and for now this is only about wii, when i include my old gc titles the list doubles, and still bunch of wiiware and vc's to add.

so once your romlist reaches 1000 titles u need a proper way to work them.
you might be right when u say its not needed, but it would make things more enjoyable.

i would even go further and add little things to make it a better rom manager.
the "coverflow" would only be there to let you and your friends choose a nice title to play
but it could also need screenshot 1&2, reviewvideo, gameinfo, cheatinfo, config info and what else im not thinking of right now...

i guess somebody could all this without even touching the dolphin core, or whatever is doin the magic...
condone only if this is an external program separate from dolphin development, something like no$zoomer, PEC, launcher or something.
(06-30-2010, 06:24 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's a waste of development time.