Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I just bought a Wiimote controller for use with Dolphin and it works well except for one thing: It seems that the tilt axis is not level.
For example when I play Mario Kart Wii I have to tilt the Wiimote about 20 degrees to the right so that I can go straight, If the Wiimote's tilt is level then I turn left.
I have seen this problem with tilt also with New Super Mario Bros Wii.

This happens with both Dolphin 2.0 x64 and Dolphin SVN R 5790 x64.
My OS is Windows 7 x64 and I am using the Windows Bluetooth drivers for the Wiimote connection.

Does anyone else have this problem, and can the Wiimote be calibrated in anyway to fix this ?
I would also like to add that the control in Mario Kart Wii can be very jittery using the Wiimote. At times it's as if the driver of your kart has parkinsons...
is it genuine or knock-off
(06-30-2010, 05:16 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]is it genuine or knock-off

It is genuine. I bought it from a reputable on-line store and came in proper packaging.
So no one with this problem ? Any answer would be appreciated.
Anyway Dolphin needs more options to configure a real wiimote such as calibration of pitch/roll etc.
Maybe your Wiimote is at fault. Have you tried it on a real Wii?
(07-01-2010, 12:59 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe your Wiimote is at fault. Have you tried it on a real Wii?

Unfortunately I don't have access to a real Wii. I can't rule out that my Wiimote is faulty but I think it's more probable that this is a calibration problem on Dolphin's part.

The jitter that sometimes I am experiencing may be explained by the following text taken from the 'Use your WiiMote as Gamecube controller' guide:
"TIP: Above code can result in large jitter of analog stick. You can reduce it by dividing pitch output: "PPJoy1.Analog0 = Wiimote1.Pitch / 2". Remember, increasing value divided by will lower jitter and sensitivity"

I think that suggests that jitter can occur as a result of the code that is responsible for reading the Wiimote sensors.
Use the Wiimote as the Wiimote itself, why would you wanna emulate Gamecube controller with it?
(07-01-2010, 03:40 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Wiimote as the Wiimote itself, why would you wanna emulate Gamecube controller with it?

I'm not using the Wiimote for GameCube games, I'm using a normal gamepad for those games.
I just wanted to point out that reading the Wiimote sensors seems to require well-tuned code.
(07-01-2010, 04:07 AM)hrmes Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not using the Wiimote for GameCube games, I'm using a normal gamepad for those games.
I just wanted to point out that reading the Wiimote sensors seems to require well-tuned code.

Like nosound97 said, don't use GlovePIE/ppjoy/emulated gc controller. Just use the wiimote as a wiimote in wii games.