Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some Graphics Card Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chrisdk23

Hi there,

First up, just wanted to say that these are some of the best forums I have ever used, with a lot of great information, and none of the hating that so many forums have.

Anyways,

My current setup is as follows -

AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz
GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H - with onboard Radeon HD4200 graphics
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2
Antec BP550 Plus 550W

I have been playing Wii Sports with various different settings, but it only ever runs at half speed, or slightly higher. This is at 720p.

I was looking for some advice for some speed increases. I know the first things are to overclock my CPU ( to 3.2ghz or higher ?) and invest in a graphics card. The graphics card is the main thing, as I have read some people advocating ATi for Dolphin, and others swearing by Nvidia.

This card seemed decent to me, but I really know next to nothing about graphics cards, and the knowledge on this board for Dolphin friendly cards is immense

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

The bottom line I am looking for is playing the majority of Wii games at 720p and full speed. I know a new CPU would help, but I have no cash for that right now, looking to spend no more than $150 on the graphics card.

Any help is much appreciated. :-)