Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I must be doing something wrong here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, just a heads up, I'm quite familiar with using emulators (such as PCSX2, PJ64, Snes9x, etc.) and have been using emulators for the past 15 years, yep, even Snes96. So, this is what's confusing me; I know that Dolphin is by no means a perfect emulator (no emulator is), and that it can be as or even more demanding on CPU/GPU resources than PCSX2. There are two problems I am faced with; First Issue - even after updating DirectX June 2010 redistributable and 2008 C++ runtimes files, I cannot choose the nJoy controller plugin (and yes, it is in the correct plugin directory). Second issue: The framerate seemed to have gotten worse with each new revision (such as Sonic Adventure DX or Battle), making games that were previously enjoyable no longer enjoyable. What in bloody blazes am I doing wrong? Am I not using the correct settings? I am NOT a noob, by the way Big Grin You'd think with specs like these I should be able to get somewhat decent speeds. But to go from 55-60 fps to half that....there has to be something wrong.

Screenshot: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh137...ressed.jpg

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz x86-64 CPU (1333MHz/6MB cache)
Instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, VT-x, VT-d, TXT
RAM: 4096MB DDR2 SDRAM PC2 6400 (FSB 800/1066)
Video: GeForce 250 GTS 1024MB GDDR3
DirectX: 10.0
try revision 5739... turn vsync on and frame limiter and audio sync off.
1. I think the newer builds don't have njoy plugin no more.
2. From what I've been reading the updated builds are going towards more emulating accuracy then speed at the moment. So that is extra emulating load and probably not optimized for speed also. I see you are using opengl. Have you given the directx 9 plugin a try for better performance?
(06-28-2010, 07:35 PM)obscured Wrote: [ -> ]1. I think the newer builds don't use the njoy plugin anymore.
2. From what I've been reading the updated builds are going towards more emulating accuracy then speed at the moment. So that is extra emulating load and probably not optimized for speed. I see you are using opengl. Have you given the directx 9 plugin a try for better performance?

No, I haven't used the DirectX 9.0 plugin, but the controller plugin nJoy isn't being used anymore? Well that sucks. Angry I don't even have a bluetooth adapter for a wii remote, so how the heck am I supposed to use the newer versions of dolphin? I currently use a PS2 controller via USB adapter, so a wii remote plugin doesn't do me any good whatsoever. Wii remotes can't be used on gamecube games on a real wii, now can they? Oy gevalt. Well, there had better be a solution for this....I hope. I'm not trying to come across as being rude or ungrateful for all the work that's been put forth towards Dolphin, but the fact that one cannot use a gamecube controller plugin is something I find odd. Confused Emulation accuracy is all well and good, but why should we be limited to just a Wii remote?