Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Left/Right Reversed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Let me just start by saying how awesome this Dolphin emulator is and how wonderfully it works on my system with GameCube games. No frame skips, sounds work wonderfully for games that support it, it's just awesome.

Unfortunately for all my praise, I have a problem with the Wii controls. I use a 360 controller (wireless) that also works beautifully with the GameCube side of things. However, when I try to play Twilight Princess (I own the Wii version), mapping my left analog stick to the nunchuck actually sends Link flying to the right when I press left and vice versa.

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, hopefully you'll have some kind of suggestion? Like I've said, everything else works great.

Also, in case it's suggested, I did try to use the search before posting this. No results.

Thanks!
(06-26-2010, 07:28 PM)something Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone. Let me just start by saying how awesome this Dolphin emulator is and how wonderfully it works on my system with GameCube games. No frame skips, sounds work wonderfully for games that support it, it's just awesome.

Unfortunately for all my praise, I have a problem with the Wii controls. I use a 360 controller (wireless) that also works beautifully with the GameCube side of things. However, when I try to play Twilight Princess (I own the Wii version), mapping my left analog stick to the nunchuck actually sends Link flying to the right when I press left and vice versa.

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, hopefully you'll have some kind of suggestion? Like I've said, everything else works great.

Also, in case it's suggested, I did try to use the search before posting this. No results.

Thanks!
You have to use a special Build for Zelda:TP ! I have both Versions running on it (Wii&NGC) with 360 Wireless and Wiimote Controller . Dolphin_x64_SVN_Revision_5475TP Hack . Maybe there is a 32 Bit Build too .
Thanks, I'll look for that. I also have x64. Wink
Actually a bit more digging and I found out that it was the Bloom hack. Not really sure why.
Bloom hack causes the game go GCN Tongue
Yeah don't use the bloom hack, it kills the minimap even with Copy EFB -> Ram enabled and it reverses the controls on the Wii version. The bloom hack is no longer needed for this game anyway, it still exists only because it fixes issues with other games. The ZTP bloom hack should really be renamed or removed altogether, I'm sure the other hacks work just fine for fixing issues with other games that the ZTP bloom hack fixed.
Yeah. Google results told me that it breaks more than it fixes. So I tried it, and sure enough that's what broke it. I'm kind of glad that I found it anyway, considering I'd be wondering why cutscenes and things were broke.

What games does it fix now, exactly?

Also, while I'm at it, this might be a separate thread, but has anyone fixed/patched the sound for ChibiRobo?
Quote:What games does it fix now, exactly?

Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic and the Secret of the Rings
Sonic Unleashed

For the DX9 and OGL plugins at least, DX11 works fine without the hacks.
I'm running DX11. I still apply the hack for those games (if I play them)?

Sorry, I couldn't tell if you were talking about TP or the Sonic games there. And I probably will play Unleashed at some point.
For those games you shouldn't need the hack if you use the DX11 plugin, I just confirmed this again myself.

And no, you don't need any hack to play Twilight Princess. If you are one of the members that get slowdowns in Hyrule Field in ZTP, then you could try one of my patched builds where I applied Kiesel Steins Hyrule Field speedup patch, which should be the only patch/hack that you'll need if you are getting slowdowns in Hyrule Field.
Okay. This might be strange, or just something with the SVN. I'm hoping it's the former, because I'd hate to lose the SVN over this.

I got the latest build from http://www.dolphin-emu.org, tested it with NSMBW, saved, tried to load my game, and had it crash. Tried several more times, crashed occured.

Re-downloaded, set it up again, it now worked fine. Emulates perfectly, perfect framerates, sound, etc. Beautiful.

Loaded TP, black screen. Applied the hack (as test), and sure enough, it showed up. Graphical glitches abound. Warped text, Link missing the top half of his body in the menu, parts of the screen (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right) turned orange. This is from the first five minutes of the game.

I was pretty sure that I didn't need to use the hack, from what we've said before and that it worked fine in release 2.0 (using DX9). I just updated to the latest SVN and DX11. So what's going on? Is it the SVN? DX11? I'm kind of confused here.

If it helps, and needed, I'll post my specs.
Oookay. Now it's working. Nevermind . . . I guess? Weird.