Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes every time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dookie11

Hey all,

Every time I run a game (currently trying out F-zero GX) in ANY version/release of Dolphin, it'll take me to the screen where it asks me to format memory card, continue without saving, etc. Then, Dolphin will freeze, close, or give me a window with this message: "Can't create opengl renderer you might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info."

The game seemed to be running, with the nintendo logo, the memory card save option, continue without saving, and then it crashes/closes after that screen. Is it the game, or is it something else ? I've updated my DirectX, and my GPU drivers are updated.

My specs are: AMD Athlon 64 3200+, ATI Radeon 9600PRO, 1gb Ram. It's old, but I assumed it'd run fine, since I was able to enter my name, format memory card, see those screens I listed above, and all the way up to where I'm guessing the game's intro would begin.

Please advise, Thanks!
Switch to JitIL experimental recompiler

dookie11

(06-27-2010, 12:28 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Switch to JitIL experimental recompiler

OMG. Thanks ! That worked wonderfully. Now, my system is just too slow to enjoy the game LOL.

Also, btw, before I read your post, I tried SSBM, Mario Kart DD, and Ikaruga, and they all worked fine without the "Switching to JitTL experimental recompiler".

Thanks again for your help!
switch to Direct3D9 plugin that will give you speed +