Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Newbie to the Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Relo

Hey guys, just recently downloaded Dolphin earlier today and been working through it quite a bit, have some experience working with a PSX that I've got up and running from quite a while back from scratch.

Anyways, had some questions and need some assistance as to getting my speed performance to 100% so I can play my games properly. At the moment, I've been testing out Zelda The Wind Waker quite a bit with these as my main build for my Dolphin:

[Image: dolphinquestions.jpg]

I have about 90-100% perfect game speed on the title screen but when I enter areas like the forest or the beach with lots of Pixels and what not that fill the screen, I seem to go down in speed to about 50-60% which takes a lot out of my game play experience.

I just upgraded my NVIDIA Card to it's fullest capacity (June 15th, 2010 most recent update that was made) and I am stumped as to where to take my work from here, do I just happen to have a bad card or is there anything I can still do about this? Confused

Also I have read through this thread for all possible tips that have generally been posted: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html & have used Game Booster version 1.4 to Defrag all my Dolfin related folders/games + Gaming mode doesn't seem to make a difference at all for those who are familiar with it.
You need to buy a gaming graphic card ,your onboard card cause that pixels and slowdown the speed of your CPU

Relo

(06-25-2010, 05:14 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to buy a gaming graphic card ,your onboard card cause that pixels and slowdown the speed of your CPU

You sure I can't do anything else about this? My Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE Graphics should be good enough to run at a stable, reasonable speed.

Here is a little bit of information related to my video card:

GeForce 6150SE

GeForce 6150SE (MCP61, also known as C61) is an updated, single-chip version of the Nvidia GeForce 6100. The MCP61 uses less power than the original C51 2-chip version of 6100. Its onboard video outperforms the 6150 in many 3D benchmarks despite its lower core frequency (425 MHz), because of added hardware Z-culling.

MCP61 introduced a bug in the SATA NCQ implementation. As a result, Nvidia employees have contributed code to disable NCQ operations under Linux.[7]

* Manufacturing process: 90 nm
* Core Clock: 425 MHz
* Vertex Processors: 1
* Pixel Pipelines: 2
* Shader Model: 3
* DirectX support: v9

Outputs: VGA only

Would it be possible for me to Overclock my video card? I have never done it before
Went to NVIDIA.com to find out what type of Driver I have and this is the information that was shown:

[Image: nvidiagraphicscard.jpg]

So would this mean I have a GeForce 6 Series chipset that is likeable by the Dolphin or the GeForce 256-257 that isn't so much liked by the Dolphin? Huh
(06-26-2010, 04:16 AM)Relo Wrote: [ -> ]You sure I can't do anything else about this? My Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE Graphics should be good enough to run at a stable, reasonable speed.

That graphics card is incredibly weak, I'd be surprised if you could run any games that aren't ancient on it, you really do need a more powerful GPU than that.

What's your CPU btw?
It appears you are running an older version on Dolphin, I'm guessing Dolphin 2.0 from the homepage?
I advise you get the latest version from www.dolphin-emu.org because revision 5777 recently gave a significant speed boost.
Even My Nvidia 7300GT(directx9) is not enough for dolphin , it cause garbage graphic on heavy game but Nvidia 8000,9000 series don't(directx 10).Onboard card is really weak ,most of application depend on CPU to load