Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Avoid Viewmax video cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This cards suckDodgy, they are big, noisy and the memory appears to be a very low standard beacuse I had it for almost 3 months and now is dead.

It was a bargain, 100$. for a 9800GT 1GB. But honestly I won't buy anything with that brand ever again, sadly there aren't that much brands to choose from in my country but Viewmax cards have flooded the market here, mainly because of the price.

Today I bought a EliteGroup GTS240 1GB DDR3, we'll see how it performs in comparison with my old card, but so far it seems about the same with Dolphin.

How well does it perform with heavy games in comparison with a Geforce 9800GT?
thx for heads up Big Grin
GTS 240GT is easy to be broken .So please becareful if you're going to overclock it
This card does not fit dolphin btw,it's may cause "windows not responding" after using for a long time
Really? Well, I've played for around 3 hours last night w/o problems, but I'll look for further info on that matter. And no, I'm not OC'ing it, my framerates are good enough as it is.

EDIT: Strangely enough, I was having Dolphin freezes and black screens on some games with the old card and I thought that it was because of my defective card. However, with the new card the freezes were still there. I've found that using Scale EFB 2x was the problem, since 1x or 3x didn't freeze or hang Dolphin. I wonder if that issues contributed on frying my old card definitively...