Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A strange problen running Dolphin from a flash drive...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

catlas

Hi there,
I've been searching this forum but I can't see anyone having a similar problem to me.

I initially installed Dolphin on my hard drive and everything was working fine. I then decided to put all my emulators on a USB flash drive for portability. I made a launch menu for all the emu's in director which basically runs the exe when you click on the respective emulator.

The problem I'm having is that dolphin is no longer working correctly. If I launch it via the director projector I get the usual dialogue box asking me if I want to keep Dolphin portable (which I click Yes to). I then get a box with the message;

"Portable setting could not be saved. Are you running Dolphin from read only media or from a directory that Dolphin is not located in?"

Once I click OK to this message the main Dolphin screen appears but if I click on any config buttons I get a message with either "Trying to read from invalid SYSCONF" or "Cant find plugin Plugins/xxx.dll"

The weird thing is... if I double click on the exe itself (in explorer) I have no problems and I can play games normally.

I have a feeling its got something to do with the default paths, but I can't seem to see anywhere to set them in the config files. Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Edit: I'm doing this on Win 7 x32 if that makes any difference
"Are you running Dolphin from read only media or from a directory that Dolphin is not located in?"

Launch Dolphin from the directory it is located in. Tongue
The working directory should be the directory with Dolphin.exe.

catlas

(06-25-2010, 10:07 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]"Are you running Dolphin from read only media or from a directory that Dolphin is not located in?"

Launch Dolphin from the directory it is located in. Tongue
The working directory should be the directory with Dolphin.exe.

The projector file is a level up from the exe, but it points to the path of the exe to run it. Is there a way to change the working directory for dolphin in it's settings? I'm trying to keep all paths relative, as I'll be using it on about 7 systems all assigning the drive a different letter.

Actually, I've decided the easiest way would be to make the projector run a batch file and just change the path in there before running the executable. I reckon that would probably fix it, time to test it out.

Thanks for giving me the idea Tongue