Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Aspect ratio has been wonky since 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having issues with the aspect ratio for some time now. If I leave it on auto like I usually do, I get small black borders on the screen. Wide screen hack doesn't work. 16:9, I forget what happens, but I think it just squishes things further, and 4:3 makes the image look slightly too tall. This only happens to Wii games, BTW. Rune Factory Frontier and Murasmasa suffers from this. This also happens in both DX9 and OGL plugins.

How do I fix this? I have the latest drivers for my video card.

I have an 8800GS with a Athlon x2 II 215 CPU.
The old behavior of the widescreen hack assumed the game was running in 4:3 and the user had a 16:9 display.
The hack now adjust from the game's native aspect ratio to the aspect ratio of your chosen display.
With the new behavior of the widescreen hack, setting "Auto" aspect ratio will effectively disable the hack.
Setting it to Force 16:9 or 4:3 will force the game to that aspect ratio. The widescreen hack will only adjust projections for games which are not native to the chosen AR.
Setting the aspect ratio to stretch(maybe what you want) will allow the hack to adjust the aspect ratio to that of your window, not just standard 4:3 16:9.