Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this notebook powerful enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Skaob

Just one noob question:

Is this notebook powerful enough to run Dolphin in an acceptable rate?

Dell Inspiron 15 (1564) Notebook

CPU: Intel®Core™ i3 - 330M (Clock Speed: 2.13GHz, Cores: 2, Threads: 4, SSE4.1, SSE4.2)
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics (Supports Directx10, OGL 2.1 Shader 4.0)
RAM: 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz

I'm just about to receive this gift from a friend from overseas, and i'm just curious. Could anyone help?

Thanks...
(06-25-2010, 12:43 AM)Skaob Wrote: [ -> ]Just one noob question:

Is this notebook powerful enough to run Dolphin in an acceptable rate?

Dell Inspiron 15 (1564) Notebook

CPU: Intel®Core™ i3 - 330M (Clock Speed: 2.13GHz, Cores: 2, Threads: 4, SSE4.1, SSE4.2)
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics (Supports Directx10, OGL 2.1 Shader 4.0)
RAM: 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz

I'm just about to receive this gift from a friend from overseas, and i'm just curious. Could anyone help?

Thanks...
It is powerful, but the sad thing is Intel GPU, there are glitches. I am certain you will play most games at a satisfactional speed -> like 75% on twilight
but don't worry, use frameskip 1 or 2 and it will run very great.
Good processor for a laptop, turbo boost can put it in the 2.5 to 2.8ghz range during gaming.

Horrible gpu, will probably not be able to play most games at full speed. But since it's a gift you should just thank your friend..

Skaob

(06-25-2010, 04:11 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]It is powerful, but the sad thing is Intel GPU, there are glitches. I am certain you will play most games at a satisfactional speed -> like 75% on twilight
but don't worry, use frameskip 1 or 2 and it will run very great.

Hhhmmm.. I guess that will be on the Wii-side of the emulation right? Will it do good on Gameube-side emulation?

Maybe it'll just need to compensate on frameskipping. Undecided

Thanks.

(06-25-2010, 01:50 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Good processor for a laptop, turbo boost can put it in the 2.5 to 2.8ghz range during gaming.

Horrible gpu, will probably not be able to play most games at full speed. But since it's a gift you should just thank your friend..

Damn! Turbo boost isn't supported by the processor.. Angry sucks.. Confused

Oh well, you're right.. I think I've already thanked her enough. Can't wait to test it. Still 1 month away for me and that notebook to meet.. Big Grin