Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Extremely slow Resident Evil remake :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

youngwind

Hello guys,

At the beggining- sorry for my English...

I'm a Dolphin newbie and I would like to ask for some help. I read almost every posts about RE here but unfortunately none of them could solve my problem.

I'm desperately trying to run the Remake smoothly on my laptop but it runs extremely, extremely slow. I tried almost 6 different Dolphin versions, with different setting also, and... nothing...

I have:

Dual Core 2.1 Ghz
3 Gb RAM
Nvidia 8200 (1GB)

I've downloaded the newest drivers but still nothing. I know that my CPU is propably too weak but I saw others with similar laptops who actually played this game smoothly :/.

When I used the 3661 version, I've got like 50-60 fps but the characters were distorted (I know that this problem had already been solved in newer versions). I tried the newest Dolphin but I found it the worst for my laptop; Dolphin showed 30 fps but the character still walked very slow, like it would be at least 8-10 fps. With other versions cinematics very super fast but gameplay slow again. I'm really confused.

Does somebody know which version of Dolphin should I use for my laptop and how to configure it? I heard about running the game in openGL but I really have no idea how to do that (I'm a girl Tongue). So... If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards! and please... help.
Try to disable "Enable Idle skipping" (uncheck it) in Configure setting. The game runs better in OpenGL render.
Disable AA and AF will make game run faster!
RE remake run perfectly on my PC with no bug! Smile
Try revision r5186 (don't get the lastest rev because it's really slow) http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-6629.html
BTW: Your laptop is weak and no way you're girl,girl only play calling or some horror game.
Setting (do the same to OpenGL plugin):
[Image: 8481201_lsfima100518232205.png]

youngwind

Hi, thank you so very much for the tips.

I did what you advised but as soon as I switched from OpenGL to Direct 3D9, Dolphin crushes and I have the error that the program stopped working and it needs to be closed :/. Maybe there's something I don't have yet?
Update graphic card driver ,go to Nvidia page and download lastest driver then install.Since it's a onboard card ,it may run with opengl but really slow
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeFo...360.0.html

Shadow Moses

i find from exp. that most Gamecube roms will run far smoother with a minimum of 2.5Ghz for a duo, but that's just me.

on a side note, i played the remake A LOT on dif versions and it runs slow period. perhaps quality of the ISO...? And yes, always make sure you are up to date with all your latest driver's, specially graphics card.
It's true, some mhz can really make a huge difference. But with those specs there's a bottleneck everywhere. Only the ram seems to be just good enough for REmake, the GPU is pretty weak, I'd guess more than the native 640x480 native res of the GCN shouldn't be chosen, no AA. Though it will most likely still not run perfectly, I'd get a decent PC instead and leave the notebook for it's office needs(I hardly doupt it was bought for anything else cause the graphics card is really weak).