Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why can't I run it (well)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ShineALight

I have an i7 2.67, 6 gigs of DDR3 ram and an ATI Radeon 4350. I know the gpu is weak but as I understand it Dolphin (and other emulators) pull mostly for the processor, which, in my case, is relatively good. I've tried messing around with pretty much every setting. Any ideas what's stopping me from running games smoothly?
Well, the gpu is mainstream, not really bad or good. You should still be getting pretty good speeds with that rig.

Switch to DirectX9 plugin
Switch EFB copy to texture, not ram
Turn off framelimiter in config
Turn off audio throttle in dsp sound settings
Disable safe texture cache
Enable dual core
Enable scaled EFB copy hack

Post back if any of this helps.
Try overclocking it. Your overall speed is lackluster. What resolutions are you playing with that gpu?
(06-24-2010, 04:12 PM)obscured Wrote: [ -> ]Try overclocking it. Your overall speed is lackluster. What resolutions are you playing with that gpu?

Yes, the i7 is meant to be overclocked! If you have the time you should check that out Smile

ShineALight

Thanks guys. I've tried to overclock my CPU before but never quite figured out how. Is there a tutorial you guys could link me to?
(06-25-2010, 08:04 AM)ShineALight Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys. I've tried to overclock my CPU before but never quite figured out how. Is there a tutorial you guys could link me to?

Here: http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overclock...nners.html

Keep in minde that you will need a decent cooler. The stock cooler deals very bad with overclocking!