Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on AMD64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! First off, let me give congrats on this project. It is coming along nicely, not to mention its the 1st to emulate a next gen console. : )

Now, its question time.

Could someone build me a 64-bit build? perferable the newest svn? or nightly build?
Ive got windows 7 RC1 (7100) 64 bit. The ones ive been dl/ing dont give me plugins correctly.

Thanks.
(04-30-2009, 09:30 PM)ifrit05 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! First off, let me give congrats on this project. It is coming along nicely, not to mention its the 1st to emulate a next gen console. : )

Now, its question time.

Could someone build me a 64-bit build? perferable the newest svn? or nightly build?
Ive got windows 7 RC1 (7100) 64 bit. The ones ive been dl/ing dont give me plugins correctly.

Thanks.

I have SVN 3104 if you want it (built last night) here
Hey,

I also am running Dolphin on Windows 7 RC (build 7100) x64. I have a Radeon 4850.

When I first tried dolphin 3089 64-bit, the directx9 plugin wouldn't work and the stupid microsoft ati driver didn't have opengl support.
I installed the ati driver here (possibly intended for Windows 7 beta, but still)
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_cataly...ws-7-64bit
And things work much better.
The directx9 plugin still doesn't work, but opengl generally seems to work. Eg wind waker starts up, starfox assault seems iffy on starting up. I'm also using the DSP-HLE and njoy .3 plugin.

I am enjoying the speed increase of switching to 64-bit btw.

If you are using an nvidia card, you need to do google work to find out if there is a compatible nvidia driver. I presume microsoft removed support for opengl from the bundled nvidia driver too.
(04-30-2009, 11:10 PM)mikedep333 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

I also am running Dolphin on Windows 7 RC (build 7100) x64. I have a Radeon 4850.

When I first tried dolphin 3089 64-bit, the directx9 plugin wouldn't work and the stupid microsoft ati driver didn't have opengl support.
I installed the ati driver here (possibly intended for Windows 7 beta, but still)
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_cataly...ws-7-64bit
And things work much better.
The directx9 plugin still doesn't work, but opengl generally seems to work. Eg wind waker starts up, starfox assault seems iffy on starting up. I'm also using the DSP-HLE and njoy .3 plugin.

I am enjoying the speed increase of switching to 64-bit btw.

If you are using an nvidia card, you need to do google work to find out if there is a compatible nvidia driver. I presume microsoft removed support for opengl from the bundled nvidia driver too.

directx plugin is currently broken, as for graphic drivers you need to use vista drivers because win7 is basically a better version of vista (+ win7 drivers dont work properly anyway)

LuisR14

well if the drivers say "(Prerelease)" then they won't work with dolphin Smile
Thanks Glurion, will try in a bit!

As for the driver issue, i have a vista 64-bit version of it, and so far everythings ok. Will let you ppl know if it works!

ps. What are good speed settings?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Well, looks like the computer world is out to get me. Finally got a new gfx card (FX 5500 AGP overclocked 256 ram, me and my dad run a little pc repair thing at home) and NOTHING likes it. Not Hackintosh, Games, or Dolphin. Any good AGP gfx you guys can recommend?
(05-01-2009, 08:24 AM)ifrit05 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Glurion, will try in a bit!

As for the driver issue, i have a vista 64-bit version of it, and so far everythings ok. Will let you ppl know if it works!

ps. What are good speed settings?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Well, looks like the computer world is out to get me. Finally got a new gfx card (FX 5500 AGP overclocked 256 ram, me and my dad run a little pc repair thing at home) and NOTHING likes it. Not Hackintosh, Games, or Dolphin. Any good AGP gfx you guys can recommend?

It Varies depending on the game, and I had a quick look for an AGP card, i found this a NVIDIA Geforce 7300 Specs found it for £36 but not sure where you live so it's a fairly cheap card Smile

*EDIT* card can be found in both AGP & PCI
Thanks Glurion! Will look up that card PRONTO. (I dont know what the price would be here b/c i live in USA...Wait, I got a converter! lets see..... around $53.67, not to bad...)

Time to save $!

Thanks for the help! Smile
ifrit05: If you have an AGP System, it is very unlikely that your CPU is fast enough to emulate dolphin well. Typically you need like a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo. That is equivalent to like 2 5.0-Ghz Pentium 4s, or a 5.0-Ghz Pentium D. Neither of those exist. It is also equivalent to like an Athlon 64 X2 @ 3.0 ghz.

Glurion: Any graphics card on PCI is extremely slow. They will not be powerful enough for dolphin. Furthermore, the only variant of the Geforce 7300 that I am pretty certain would be fast enough is the 7300GT.
(05-03-2009, 02:51 PM)mikedep333 Wrote: [ -> ]ifrit05: If you have an AGP System, it is very unlikely that your CPU is fast enough to emulate dolphin well. Typically you need like a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo. That is equivalent to like 2 5.0-Ghz Pentium 4s, or a 5.0-Ghz Pentium D. Neither of those exist. It is also equivalent to like an Athlon 64 X2 @ 3.0 ghz.

Glurion: Any graphics card on PCI is extremely slow. They will not be powerful enough for dolphin. Furthermore, the only variant of the Geforce 7300 that I am pretty certain would be fast enough is the 7300GT.

Yes I know but even so you don't need a powerful graphics card to run Dolphin, you just need one which supports OpenGL 2.1 and/or Direct3D 9.0c since pretty much everything is done via the computers CPU, which is why you usually need a dual core to play games at full speed (some games such as Fire Emblem I have found to play fine on single core mode).