Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it a good idea to buy a gamepad for dolphin???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im thinking about buying a logitech Dual Action http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/con...evices/288
I want to buy it cause it cheap and I love logitechBig Grin
Do u think its a good stuff???Huh(If u have better one post it but the price is must below 30 dollar and if u have it post ur opinion about this thing)

The thing i want to ask u is all of wii games compitable with the gamepad(like no more heroes 2,NSMB and especially Monster Hunter 3Big Grin )
It looks like that logitech pad doesn't have force feedback. (rumble)
I would get a wired 360 controller.
They are around 30 dollars and will work well with Dolphin, including rumble.
No my friend by this instead
Code:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/controllers/devices/264
dual action does not have rumble,but this one does.
i bought it before 4-5 years and its serve me perfectly even today on every game that played for those years.Yes even dolphin.with rumble offcourse

[Image: 17035.png]

every button and pads are working like it was bought yesterday,and i am known to easily broke gamepads :-) i failed to broke this one.

and its just what u asked for under 30$.
This one cost 29.99$ :-)
I think is a good idea, surely. I bought a X360 gamepad exclusively for Dolphin. I noticed its 'similarities' with the GC pad and bought it ASAP.

And I'm enjoying it Smile
If you like the PS2 style analog sticks then by the logitech, if you like the GC/Xbox/360 analog layout get the 360 controller. From personal experience the 360 controller is flawless for GC games. Using it as a wiimote however isn't good. Take Super Mario Bros for example, emulating a sideways wiimote with the current plugin forces you to use the directional pad since you can't map the wiimote D pad to an axis. And since the D pad on each 360 controller is completely different in terms of responiveness and accuracy which I can confirm since I've used D pads on 5 different controllers and each has been crap apart from my wired controller. I press right and end up getting down >.>

The new wiimote plugin that's incomplete is just as brilliant as the GC plugin so I'd recommend the controller if you are using the new imcomplete plugin. I can't comment on the logitech pad other than that I don't like that analog stick layout.
quote:"The thing i want to ask u is all of wii games compitable with the gamepad(like no more heroes 2,NSMB and especially Monster Hunter 3Big Grin )"
i also play MH tri its extraordinary game,and it suits perfectly with rumblepad logitech + NSMB ,didn't played heroes thou.

@Billiard26
Big motor: constant, Small motor: Sine
rumble is working on logitech gamepads.But there is one tiny trick
logitech rumble has 2 motors constant and sine,but your plugin does not support both,it support only constant,now on gamepad there is a button with name "vibration"(located under button number 10 - also known as START button)
by pressing "vibration" button u can change on logitech tipe of rumbling,there is 3 options,both ON (constant and sine)(press button once) , constant only another press of button,sine only another press of button

each time button is pressed diferent motor will activate showing u what would vibration look like.

so dolphin = constant.and it works perfectly.especially in MH tri and Resident Evil when monster grabs u Tongue or shooting beck to them
(06-23-2010, 01:36 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]@Billiard26
Big motor: constant, Small motor: Sine
rumble is working on logitech gamepads.But there is one tiny trick
logitech rumble has 2 motors constant and sine,but your plugin does not support both,it support only constant,now on gamepad there is a button with name "vibration"(located under button number 10 - also known as START button)
by pressing "vibration" button u can change on logitech tipe of rumbling,there is 3 options,both ON (constant and sine)(press button once) , constant only another press of button,sine only another press of button

Yeah, I should add "Sine" and some other force types.
yeah,
example:
resident evil when u shoot a weapon there is small short twich that consists with feedbeck from gun,thats sine rumbler,that part is missed,since sine isn't supported.but any other rumbling effects are there.
Played resident evil 1 on sony ps emulator ,so i know from there.
(06-23-2010, 03:47 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]yeah,
example:
resident evil when u shoot a weapon there is small short twich that consists with feedbeck from gun,thats sine rumbler,that part is missed,since sine isn't supported.but any other rumbling effects are there.
Played resident evil 1 on sony ps emulator ,so i know from there.

I don't think I am missing any emulated rumble effects.
Games only have one type of rumble, on and off.
I am missing support for some force effect types with DirectInput devices.
For game cube xbox 360 pad hands down and for wii your best getting a wiimote.
Pages: 1 2