Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: compiling svns with the rev number included in the exe name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

LuisR14

how is it possible to make it that the rev that i compile comes out with the rev number attached to the executable's name? Smile (for ex: dolphin-rxxx, and dolphin-rXXXm when modified Smile)
m? o.O What is that?
(04-30-2009, 08:33 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]m? o.O What is that?
lol, i was wondering the same thing
as for the numbers, im not sure if you can use variables from source in the output filename
or something like that :/
It uses the SVN_REV_STR constant defined in ./Source/Core/Common/Src/svnrev.h

LuisR14

yea what i'm talking about is that on pcsx2 when i compile it (and have a environment variable in system properties set), the program that is compiled comes out like "pcsx2-rXXX" Smile, so what i'm asking is how is it possible to do that with dolphin Big Grin
(05-01-2009, 12:35 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]yea what i'm talking about is that on pcsx2 when i compile it (and have a environment variable in system properties set), the program that is compiled comes out like "pcsx2-rXXX" Smile, so what i'm asking is how is it possible to do that with dolphin Big Grin
check how they did it? Tongue
Can't you Hex edit it?

LuisR14

k i'll check into how they did it Tongue (and XSFOX i don't want to hexedit it Tongue)

LuisR14

(04-30-2009, 08:33 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]m? o.O What is that?
k at the time of reading this i didn't understand what you meant. Tongue, but now i know Tongue, the "m" means "modified" Tongue

k so i made this post just to say that i was able to implement the "compile revision number into dolphin's exe name" Tongue, and if anybody wants it then just tell me Smile (i could just turn it into a patch and attach it here), oh and i changed the thread's title to more clarify what i meant Tongue

cmccmc

could you tell me how you managed to do it?
Pages: 1 2 3