Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I need yo know if my system runs Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there folks, first my english it's bad, recently Ive downloaded a copy of the 2.0 x86 32 bits version of Dolphin and I need to know if my system can run mario galaxy 1 & 2 ( i mean performance ) in the form of iso file, my system specs are:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHZ 3MB L2 Cache FSB 1066
MB: P5KPL-CM Asus
RAM: 2GB RAM DDR2 633 MHZ
GPU: ATI X800XL PS2.0 DirectX9.0 256MB DDR3 ( 400 mhz GPU, 500 mhz memory )

I need yo know if I can play the game in a *decent* form, 30 or 40 to 50 FPS Maybe? I dont need fancy resolutions, etc, for me 800x600 or 1024x768 it's enough, can anyone help me about this.
it will not run that good. mabye 28 fps.. and dont use 2.0 otherwise you will get blind mario. use latest from: http://dolphin-emu.org
Your CPU should be adequate for some older Gamecube games, or maybe some wii games with frameskip.
See if you can safely overclock your CPU, if you can manage 3.3ghz, good for you.

I run a Core 2 Duo e8600 @3.6ghz and I still don't get fullspeed on Mario Galaxy.
Well do keep in mind SMG 1 and 2 are a CPU heavy game after all lol. Tongue
SMG2 Laggs on my CPU :p. Most of the time fullspeedm but when entering a new galaxy it's going down to 12 - 15 FPS, then I need to wait a minute and it's stable again, but yeah, try to overclock your CPU, might help Smile!
(06-22-2010, 06:02 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU should be adequate for some older Gamecube games, or maybe some wii games with frameskip.
See if you can safely overclock your CPU, if you can manage 3.3ghz, good for you.

I run a Core 2 Duo e8600 @3.6ghz and I still don't get fullspeed on Mario Galaxy.

So the cpu it's the bottleneck? what about my GPU?
(06-22-2010, 06:30 AM)lealhavanacuba Wrote: [ -> ]So the cpu it's the bottleneck? what about my GPU?

Well Dolphin mostly relies on the CPU to do everything, whilst the GPU just works on processing the graphics to your display.

So long as your GPU has pixelshader 2.0, it should be fine. Most modern GPUs do, except for integrated GPUs.
I don't recognise your GPU model so I don't know if it's good or bad.
oo... i looked up ur GPU.. it is pretty old, but it just barely meets dolphin's standards
(06-22-2010, 06:33 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]I don't recognise your GPU model so I don't know if it's good or bad.

Well, I run Doom3 at *ultra* resolution the same as quake4 but this one a little less since it consumes more resources, yeah it's a generally old but this GPU has give me nice game experiencie, I run crysis too.
(06-23-2010, 04:01 AM)lealhavanacuba Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2010, 06:33 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]I don't recognise your GPU model so I don't know if it's good or bad.

Well, I run Doom3 at *ultra* resolution the same as quake4 but this one a little less since it consumes more resources, yeah it's a generally old but this GPU has give me nice game experiencie, I run crysis too.

Sorry pal but not a chance your cpu not fast and your gpu old doom 3 is last gen and crysis you could only play on medium to low.
Pages: 1 2