Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: rumble level?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm asking this here in hopes to get a few things cleared up.

To all: Does the game cube controller accept variable levels of rumble or not? Working with Dolphin I see it does send a Force Feedback amount value. So far this value is always FF ( 256 ). This is not to say it wont send other level ( I may not have a game that does ) but there is no need to send a level if its not used. Thus, this implies the game cube meant to utilize variable rumble controller. Secondly the emulator has a "range" in the controller plug in that does just that,sends a rumble level. So again, this implies its possible.

To developers: Can you see the communication from the game to the controller? If so, do some games send variable levels? If you can see this do you get to see the byte or "word" that is sent to the controller?

commands you may see
0x400302 main pole of buttons ( last on bit to rumble )
0x00 - get id+status
0x40 - no idea
0x41 - get origins
0x42 - calibrate maybe

Ok why am I asking this? I'm a usb developer and have been adding rumble support to a few controllers, one being the came cube. Making the game cube controller rumble is simple enough, but I'm of the opinion it can be told to set a rumble level. There is of cause a lot of info on the net for commands that can be sent but it would seem nothing has ever been mentioned in the line of level or amount of force to rumble at.

Thx to all.
Both the gc and wii games only support on/off rumble.
The same is for the wiimote hardware.
I am pretty sure the same is for gamecube controller hardware.
Billiard26, thx so much for the reply. So I guess the plug in has it there for a way to turn it down a bit as a feature.