Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: video overclock question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
an overclock in my hd 4770 (about 22%) would give me any more frames or performance benefits when using the dx9 plugin?

and when using dx11(wich i cant use for some unknow issue in my system)?
Depends, what game, what settings, what revision, what are your other system specs? You can't expect us to answer that without any other info at all.
If you're on Windows XP you can forget about the DX11 plugin :p.
(06-21-2010, 05:00 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]If you're on Windows XP you can forget about the DX11 plugin :p.

im on vista my friend
(06-21-2010, 04:56 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Depends, what game, what settings, what revision, what are your other system specs? You can't expect us to answer that without any other info at all.

im asking in general,not in a specific system

my cpu is 2x 3.2 ghz
Quote:m asking in general,not in a specific system

my cpu is 2x 3.2 ghz

That's like asking what temperature do you think it will be tomorrow? And then when I respond with "well where do you live?" you say "no I'm just asking in general". You could be in Antarctica for all I know! Until you tell me what games, what settings (especially resolution, efb settings, and AA level), what revision, and what system specs (particularly cpu). All of these factors affect how much gpu throughput is needed. Until you provide me with that info it is literally impossible for me to answer your question accurately. Although I could provide a blind guess and tell you I know what I'm talking about which I'm sure someone will do soon.

Quote:im on vista my friend

You still need to update your directx sdk.
He just needs the runtimes, not the SDK.
Yeah that's what I meant, sorry, running on little sleep.
No you dont need to clock that card with any game its more the cpu then the gpu that card is fine for all wii and gc games.