Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin renders slower every build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Compared to the speed of Dolphin 2.0, the latest revs seem to be dramatically slower in rendering games. Why?
I think they are aiming for accuracy atm.
Increased video memory bandwidth and shader throughput is needed for proper graphics emulation.
Is my config/builds or SMG games in the lastest revs are slow (5-10 fps).?
??? it is you
No,he's totally right
I just test D3D between r5186 and r5746 in SMG2(same setting : framelimit off,EFB to texture...HD 720p 1366*768,render to main windows)
The FPS almost the same ingame,r5186 have speed-boost sometime,for example:
In SMG2 menu:
r5186 :80-96 FPS
r5746 :55-67 FPS
Sound ingame :
r5186 : 125-180%
r5746 : 48-66% slow like hell
I don't test with Dx11 because it broke the game

Next : Muramasa the demon blade
In Menu:
r5186 : 352 FPS ,speed > 500%
r5746 : 60-65 FPS ,speed 101%
Ingame :
r5186 : 120-138 FPS ,speed 200%
r5746 : 55-61 FPS,speed 98 %

From what i see ,r5186 is far better than lastest rev in speed
Same problem here admin89, but in SMG1 with dx9 plugin (Geforce 260 GTX Core 216).
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm still getting the same speeds here as I always do. The only game I really have trouble with in terms of speed and stutters all to hell is Starfox Adventures, but that is to be expected since it just started working.

I suppose this is the price to pay for being reliant on beta code, use the official builds for the perfect balance between speed and stability. Svn and beta builds aren't meant to play games, only for testing the latest code. With svn and beta code, issues such as this are to be expected and are commonplace with development, when the developers know what is wrong with their code, they'll commit a fix or optimization. In the past revisions, some speed was sacrificed for accuracy in order to fix some issues. Requirements for the emulator could either go up or down as development progresses, choices are to use an official build or an earlier svn build for now.
That's interesting, I have no problems with speed in the lastest revs using DX9 plugin and OGL plugin, of course dx11 is slower because its very new, but everything is working as it should in terms of speed, maybe it's a kind of hardware combination with some OS or drivers that make the difference, Ive seen this happen before, for example, I noticed that for dolphin and other emus that uses directx ´plugins, using wndows 7, my gpu seemed to give much more performance when combined with my AMD CPU than with an Intel equivalent with same clock (Got this on GPU Tests, on two different versions of a benchmark software), and that doesnt mean the AMD is better than the Intel CPU, I wasnt testint the CPUs, but the GPUs, and it looks like that in this case the AMD one works better with my specific GPU. I dont have a ultra high end PC, and because of this sometimes I can notice some big differences in performance with little changes, and combining the right hardware and choosing the settings of my driver and of the emulator very carfully, it is possible to achieve fullspeed in most of the games that is "fullspeedable" in dolphin !
I know there were recent improvements in SMG that cause the Luma's to be properly rendered (i.e. to be shaded rather than white) that may account for the performance impact there.