Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Really bad graphics card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

taoxuin

So I have a problem, I have a decent Processor (3.06 GHZ), but my graphics card is absolute bottom of the line. My question is, what kind of performance should I expect from the Dolphin?
what is your graphics card?
is your cpu single, dual or quadcore?

taoxuin

I think its a single core, and its an Intel 82865G Graphics Controller. Like I said, not that great.
Most likely no games will run at playable speeds at all on an older single core cpu & that integrated graphics circuit.

Invest into a good budget computer, here you can get some good ideas from people with similar situations. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3090.html
Does that thing even support shaders, or the shader model Dolphin requires which is v2.0? Something tells me that integrated chip supports Pixel/Vertex Shading v1.1 - or v1.4 at most, or worse, no shader support at all. If his integrated graphics doesn't support at least SM2.0, he won't be able use the emulator until he can buy a new graphics card. Note that proper SM2 (Pixel/Vertex Shading 2.0) is required, because of this the Geforce FX line of cards won't work. At the very least a card in the Geforce 6xxx line of cards is needed, not sure about ATI Radeon.
to get playable speeds with a radeon you need at least a Radeon (HD) 477+ series