Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trouble configuring joypad in dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Arabesque

Hi

I've been trying for the last hour or so to configure my PS2 dualshock 2 controller to work in Dolphin 2.0. First I chose the GCPad New plugin, and it allows me to set all the buttons correctly, so far so good. But I've tried playing two games in Dolphin and pressing any of the buttons does nothing, Dolphin doesn't register any button presses in game.

I then tried using the other GCPad plugin, and I got the d pad and face buttons working ingame, but I couldn't properly configure the analog sticks at all so when I got into the game I couldn't move around. Anyone got any advice for this?

also one more unrelated question, what's all this stuff about Dolphin builds and SVNs and stuff? Just reading over that forum, it all looks dreadfully complicated. What's the difference between using those and just using Dolphin 2.0?
There is a bug in GCPadNew in Dolphin 2.0 with devices that have trailing spaces in their names. (fixed in the svn)
A work-around in 2.0 is to re-select your PS2 controller in the GCPadNew device list after having started the game.

Because Dolphin is an open-source project and there are many contributors, we use svn to manage everyone's changes to the emulator.
Whenever a developer commits a set of changes, it creates another revision.
You can view what was changed in each revision here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/list
Dolphin 2.0 is pretty much a copy of some revision that was considered stable enough to release as "Dolphin 2.0".