Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin GCPad New Profile is missing/empty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

toonwolf

When I try to load GCPad new Profile the list is empty? I've managed to map my PS3 Controller with some of the basic buttons, but it would be so much easier if I could use a predifined profile. Running Windows 7 64-bit - BTW: Everything else is working in Dolphin it's just the profile part..
Have you saved a profile first? :/

toonwolf

I saved my current PS3 config as "PS3" Profile and the folder "User\Config\Profiles\GCPad" was created with the file "PS3.ini" This folder is completely missing and not included when I extract dolphin-2.0.win64.exe downloaded from http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php?cat_id=9

(06-16-2010, 07:42 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you saved a profile first? :/
The "User\Config\Profiles\GCPad" directory is created automatically when you save a profile.
After you saved your "PS3.ini", it shows up in the profile list? or no?

toonwolf

Yes the profile PS3 that I created myself is now listed as an available profile, but I was hoping that there would already be a PS3 or other profiles available so I would not have to map the keys myself.

(06-16-2010, 09:08 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The "User\Config\Profiles\GCPad" directory is created automatically when you save a profile.
After you saved your "PS3.ini", it shows up in the profile list? or no?
No, Dolphin doesn't come with any profiles currently.
The profiles feature is for the user to set up the gamepad how they like and be able to easily switch control schemes for different games/gamepads.
Making first time setup easier wasn't really it's main purpose.

toonwolf

Ok, that explains why I couldn't find any (predefined)profiles. Thx for your help!

(06-16-2010, 09:36 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]No, Dolphin doesn't come with any profiles currently.
The Profiles are there for the user to set up the controls how they like and be able to easily switch control schemes for different games/gamepads.