Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Galaxy GeForce GT 240 issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

roadkill988

Hi all, love Dolphin great emulator. I just have one issue. Under windows 7 whenever I try to play any game, it always ends up crashing about 5-10 minutes later with a message "windows has recovered nvidia drivers". I decided to have Speedfan open while playing Dolphin one session and the temperature on my GPU was slowly rising from 45C to 55C. Once it went into the 55C to 60C range, it crashed. But this didn't seem to happen in XP though, and it doesn't happen with anything else I play under Windows 7, even with the card running hot (like around 65C). Just would like to know if there's a way to fix this problem. I have the latest drivers and tried uninstalling and reinstalling them several times to no avail. I even have tried the new beta drivers from nvidia that were released recently, still same problem.
It's gfx drivers problem with geforce 240GT .Nothing you can do but sell it and buy 9800Gt ; 250GT or stick with windows XP and wait for new driver.Don't try the beta ,it's not any good if you install many drivers in .Try reinstall windows 7 along with newest drivers
i have win 7 64 and a GTX 260 and dont have eany probleam try downloading the drivers from nvidia spain
Nope, it only take effect on 240GT and alot user have already discussed about how bad it was.
Galaxy is kinda famous for making non-specific graphics cards, that's a reason maybe creating your problem..:p
Either stick with XP, it's not bad at all, or clean your GFX drivers completely as previous drivers can interfere with new ones, and try to install older drivers..I have latest WHQL drivers for dolphin and it crashes only when playing RE5 with OC'd status...

roadkill988

Yeah it's my fault for thinking I could go cheap with my video card and get away with it. That's what I figured I'd have to do, go out and buy a new video card. Thanks for the info. I think it might have also crashed in XP but I'm not sure, I'll try it out again. Sucks because for everything else this card works fine, although I do get a few BSODs here and there that I never got with my old video card, so I probably should get a new one.