Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having some hardware trouble.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SirAlex

Hello. So I recently downloaded Dolphin and I've been having some hardware trouble. I tried to run "Luigi's Mansion" but I kept getting an error saying that I'm missing some required OpenGL extensions, but I know my graphics card supports OpenGL 2.1. Also, I don't always get this error when I try to run the game, sometimes the game runs. After I get past the opening cutscene the game slows down to 5-6 frames per second. Can somebody tell me if there might be something wrong with my hardware? Or does this have nothing to do with my hardware at all?

Here are my specifications:

CPU: AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4450e @ 2.3 Mhz
RAM: 3GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT

Sorry if my English is bad. Sad
Your rig is not that bad, though the processor is a bit on the old side. It should run most gamecube games besides twilight princess at full fps

If you already tried updating directx9 files from Microsoft, go to graphics config and select DX9 plugin instead of opengl or software renderer.

SirAlex

(06-15-2010, 04:06 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Your rig is not that bad, though the processor is a bit on the old side. It should run most gamecube games besides twilight princess at full fps

If you already tried updating directx9 files from Microsoft, go to graphics config and select DX9 plugin instead of opengl or software renderer.

Yeah it's pretty much just a basic home computer. >.< I'll switch over to Direct9x and see what happens.