Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with PS3 Controller/Config!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeAngelo

I downloaded motioninjoy 0.4, and an SVN build that included the njoy 0.4 plugin but I can't seem to get the analog stick working for super smash bros melee! I try to go to Pad > Controller 1 and calibrate but nothing happens?

I've been googling for a solution, but every guide is outdated (or this problem is just trivial and I'm just a dumb nut).

Also, on a side note, is there anyway I can get SSB to run more smoothly?

armbarvictim

I would also love to know this as well, configuring the ps3 as a wii classic controller and where to properly map the buttons.

MikeAngelo

Bump. Anyone?
Get a more recent svn build which has the GCPadNew plugin built-in.
There is also a new emulated wiimote plugin which is 10 times easier to configure compared to the old one. :p

MikeAngelo

(06-20-2010, 03:32 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Get a more recent svn build which has the GCPadNew plugin built-in.
There is also a new emulated wiimote plugin which is 10 times easier to configure compared to the old one. :p

Does the emulated wiimote plugin work for ps3 controllers?

Thanks for the help! Do you have any recommendations as to which SVN build I should dl?
(06-21-2010, 07:48 AM)MikeAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Does the emulated wiimote plugin work for ps3 controllers?

Thanks for the help! Do you have any recommendations as to which SVN build I should dl?

Yes, it should work with any gamepad.

I don't know, just grab the latest, I guess.

MikeAngelo

Ok now I downloaded Dolphin build SVN 5751 and configured all the controls like this:

[Image: DolphinConfigPS3.png?t=1277075202]

here is a picture of my DS3 Tool settings. I'm not sure if I should choose the "Xbox 360 controller emulator" or the "Analog gamepad 3" option.

[Image: DolphinConfigPS3-1.png?t=1277075722]

Either way the controller doesn't work when I play SSB melee on Dolphin. I haven't configured anything else in Dolphin and don't know if I need to.

Any help would be appreciated.
You probably want Trigger L/R mapped to both L/R and L/R-Analog, you don't need to use the Shoulder L/R buttons at all.

Make sure you have "Port 1" set to "Standard Controller" in Dolphin config, Gamecube tab.
It should work, if not, try checking the "Background Input" option in the GCPad config.