Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Separate folder for saves?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would this be possible? Something like having the save files in the same folder as my .iso's.

I update on a semi-regular basis usually have a few revisions going at once, while testing new revisions. So I'm extracting revisions into their own folder as not all compilers of svn's use the same format (also lets me keep track of problems with certain revisions), and this involves manually copying over my save files.

It's not a huge thing, but I feel it'd make it easier for the community if it were possible to browse for save files in the same manner as browsing for games, perhaps even have them in the same folder.

tl dr: why don't devs make 'browse for games' into 'browse for save files and games'
What're you talking about ? It's already seperated,for example:
SMG : User\Wii\title\00010000\524d4750\data
SMG2: User\Wii\title\00010000\53423445\data
Simply right-click the game-"openwiisavefolder" to manage save data
When I update revisions I don't overwrite my last revision, I make a new folder and then have to copy my saves across. What I'm proposing is having the save files outside the SVN folders. ie. have the save files in the same folder as the iso's.